HybridZ

Sacramento Raceway: Saturday, 11/26

dmanzo57

I haven't been to the drag strip since May. It's time to test some of the mods I've made since then.

- Ported the runners on my Stealth Ram intake

- Added a switch to lock up the torque converter clutch on the 2-3 shift

- Distributor-less ignition

I hope to do better than my previous best of 11.46@119 with EFI.

:cheers:

Don

That was fun. The old Z really liked locking the torque converter clutch. It picked up 4 MPH!

Best run:

RT: .019

60': 1.711

330': 4.774

660': 7.299 @ 97.543

ET: 11.305

MPH: 123.849

There weren't many cars there today. I could have run the car into the ground, but I chose to make 6 passes.

The car is still kind of soft on the launch compared to the 4 BBL carb. Maybe Santa will bring me a 3000 RPM converter for Christmas :)

:cheers:

Don

Demo v4 of my new Z CAR SHOWCASE display project just went up Nov 26th. Direct link to it is http://www.zparts.com/showcase/zcsc/default.html

There's one really great shot of Kansas based Melanie Barkley's wheel standing 240Z in the Racing Z Cars photo gallery as well as a decent one of Ron Jones's older car during a night time launch down in Arkansas, but I really need some great new action shots to add to that gallery. Can any of you here help out with great shots of your cars at the strip that I can publish?

If yes, please send them to me at photos@zparts.com

Turbo Meister. Finally put a name to the car and engine that I photographed several years ago a the MSA Nationals. Please contact me directly so I can get some back ground text to go with the photos of you car that I have now up in the V8 Engine and Racing Z Cars galleries of the Z CAR SHOWCASE.

dmanzo57 Is your car a dark blue? I may have a photo of it taken at the Z Fest in Fremont several years ago. I'd like to get in touch with as many SF Bay Area and NorCal Z Dragster owners as possible because I intend to start showing up at you drag runs to knock out some great shots if possible. Please email me your Sac contact info for my records if interested to be "in the loop" in the future.

Anybody know if BILL MARTIN is on this Forum? He's got a couple of interesting 2+2 Z dragsters down south in Alabama way, but I can't seem to track him down online anymore.

Thanks Much,

Eric Neyerlin - Z CAR photographer and owner of ZPARTS.COM