HybridZ

351w into an 83 280zx

cleton-z

Well i have been planning this for a long time now and its about to start, i just baught mike gadwah's white 77 z so my 280zx is going into the garage to get a 351w bored 30 over into it but here are some of the parts that i will be using

roush 200 heads

1.7 shaft rollers

roller block conv.

prof. product efi intake with 75mm throttlebody

ross pistons 9.5 to 1

zero balance crank and damper

aeromotive fuel pump

fms f cam

42lb injectors

studded block

So far ive gotten all this stuff but i am also planning on putting a single turbo on this engine a t70 or t76 which ever i can get

Everything is sort of on paper but i still don't know if i am going to run an auto ar a stick so what are your thoughts on a c-4 with the 3.55 gears and if someone did this swap before could you send me some pics for reference thyanx

I am glad that you are making some progress, but I see at least one thing that would spoil the final product (for me at least). That C-4 transmission will drive you nuts because it has no overdrive. If you are going to be driving this car on the highway at all, find a transmission that has an overdrive gear, or you will HATE it.

My car has the 5.0L and T5 from an 89 Mustang cop car. I am running 3.55 gears, and 245/45/16 tires all the way around. With this combination, 2500 rpms in 5th gear (0.68 to 1) equals 76 mph and 5500 rpms equals 167 mph. In 4th gear 2500 rpms is 51 mph and 5500 rpm is 114 mph.

Do you really want to rev that high on the highway? Do you want to be limited to about 120mph? If not, find a transmission with an overdrive. The overdrive will also save gas and reduce the wear on your engine.

thanx for the info because i have been thinking about that, i originally wanted a 5 speed but i wanted to go with a hydralic cluch and i still searching the forum for info leading to the fitment of a hyd clutch into my car and if i can't do that i know this guy with a built aod that i can mate to the engine

by the way i am in jacksonville fl so how do i change my location on the forum

I am doing the hydraulic clutch on a 72 240z. Using wilwood parts I calculated the costs to be less than $200 including $50 of mahine shop work. A wilwood master with a wilwood slave would be used. It would be intresting though to see if the stock clutch setup can pull the t-5 fork. Check out the photo I found somewhere on this site below, sorry I do not know who to give the credit to. Hmm. A neal or wilwood slave should work.

SlaveCylinderSetup.jpg