HybridZ

For the newbie car guys on this forum.. New to building Z cars and etc..

Guest ON3GO

Pearls of Wisdom shared by those who know. Thanks Dan for making it into a sticky. That alone should be of great benifit to the new HybridZers. I particularly like the part about not building more than one Z at a time. Building 2 has been a killer in some ways but fruitful in others. The biggest down side is your always twice as broke! The up side offers two unique and seperate build challenges. But the bottom line is do your research, build it right the first time, take your time and enjoy what you are doing. Its a labor of love in every respect. Treat her like a "Mistress" and she'll return the compliment.

VAN

• 6 months later...

Playing paintball these past 2 years has helped me quite a bit on the "save up ALL then buy ALL at the same time" instead of buying little parts here and there, then only to find out that you got the parts combination wrong.

I'm trying to save up for a 240z being sold out here that looks like it's in good shape. Once i get most of the money saved I'll have a look at it to make sure it's all in order. Then, i'm gonna save up for the next year to build a 3.0

But i'm not sure exactly how much to save. I was thinking about saving around 4-5k for a decently built one.

Thanks for the tips though. Nice reminder for a young guy like me

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I would like to say I have put a l28et in my 240z with the t5 all for $800 because of one thing, RESEARCH on this site mainly. and inganuity, like a coil bracket fits great on a 280zxt fuel pump, plus bolts to the existing 73 electric fuel pump bracket. i was so stoked on that one.:) I owe alot to the z brains on this site and try to be one of them as often as possible, dont forget. because one guy did it, dont spend $175 to make adapters that never worked and all could have been saved with a tape measure!! you can get a good one for 10 bucks lol. still trying to figure out that one, anyone have some stock 280zx turbo cv's in portland? once i get a stable job this sit WILL be seeing some bucks from me

• 2 months later...

thanks for all the advice guys, i bought my second z a week ago, had the first one as a project, but has now become a parts car, mainly for the t5, and diff. so how challenging is the ls1 setup? i am not a novice with cars, but i have a lot to learn. i mean i fix helicopters for a living, how hard could it be? right?