HybridZ

r200 diff gold mine!!

Z-Monster

Hey Guys... All The Technical Talk Is Very Debative. Anyways I Just Machines My Driveshaft From S13 Sylvia. Shortened Where The Barings Were. Not A Chop And Weld Thing... Then I Remachined The Gears As Well... Cost A Bomb.. Anyways Then My Companion Shaft Connected To My Wheel Hub No Problems With The 4 Hole Bolt Pattern... I'm Having Trouble With The Names Of These Items Stated As I Dont Practice Proper Part Name Calling Here... Hahahah.. Anyways.. I Then Took The Input Shafts (the Ones That Actually Goes Into The Diff) Chopped Them Up And Machined My Own 8 Bolt Connector. My Cv Joint/drive Shafts Are Actually A Two Piece Assembly. One Small Stubby Piece That Goes Into The Diff And The Actual Shaft That Reaches The Wheel Hub. With The 4 Hole End Connection To The Stock Wheel Hub Part. So There... :) Look At The Pictures Of My Own Cars Diff. The Shot Of It Under My Car.

Ok Now For The Price Of Things... I Have Found Out That My Max Weight Shipment Is Only 20kg.. The Diff Being 46 Kg I Will Have To Split It Open... Plus, To Ship 20kg To The States... Oakland Ca It Will Cost A Whopping Usd200. It Will Take 4-5 Days To Arrive On Top Of That.... Scarry.... Anyone Else Has Any Other Options In Shipping Or Anyone Here In Hybridz Owns A Shipping Company??? Hhihihi

Ok Guys... If Yall Are Still Interested In The Diff Then Holla But I Think That Ends Our Quest For This Shipment. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said earlier the only way for this to really be a good deal for anyone is you’d have to crate up like 15 diffs and ship them thru a cargo company. They charge by the size of the box not the weight of the box. For example last time I did it out of Japan a 1 meter cubed box cost 1300.00 you could fit 2-3 engines in a box that size. The box I sent was less than 1 meter and it held 13 r200 long nose diffs. You can split the diffs but you have to be really careful you don’t mix up the shims inside the diff. still going to cost 200+ to ship that way. I skimmed back thru this thread did you state how much the diffs would be?

I searched but couldnt find it and i dont have the pics but. somewhere in the old Hyrbidz.org archives there is a thead that has pics and explains how to tell tthe differnce. you have to take the cover off and look at the diff unit itself. maybe someone with alot of patience can find this?????

What I see in those pictures is a possible source for the illusive long input shaft. Z-monster, can you measure the diameter of the axles that have been cut? If they are the same as the z31 turbo axle which are still available, the inner CV can be swapped onto the z31 shaft for a VLSD axle assembly. All of the VLSD R200's from Q45's and M30's could now be used!

What I see in those pictures is a possible source for the illusive long input shaft. Z-monster, can you measure the diameter of the axles that have been cut? If they are the same as the z31 turbo axle which are still available, the inner CV can be swapped onto the z31 shaft for a VLSD axle assembly. All of the VLSD R200's from Q45's and M30's could now be used!

:D