HybridZ

Anybody interested in Skyline GTS R200 LSD units???

Guest ON3GO

I have a line on a few.. not looking to make extra money on the deal at all.

the place i do biz with has a few and wants to get rid of them, so i thought i would ask you guys 1st.

are these even usable in our S30/S130 Z cars?

if so whats needed?

whats the going rate for these also?

see if i can get a even lower price for ya guys.

he has also some RB26DETT awd rear diffs (doubt we can use them).. and some reg ole S13 and S14 diffs.

let me know.

mike

Other than the GT-R diff, they are short nose VLSD's. I've heard the GT-R diff (1989-20xx) are short nose CLSD's.

I will be investigating this soon as my R32 GT-R rear subframe arrives from N.Y that I won for $400 on Ebay last week...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4594884770&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

They Are All Short Nose. Some Are Open, Viscous, And Clutch. There Was A Rumor Awhile Ago That Some Of The R34's Got R230 Diffs And Some Got Helical R200 Diffs.... But It Was Never Proven Or Disproven.

guys the guy was there today but he didnt have a price set in mind.. he will call me monday or i might just go there to pick up or put down some cash on a engine.

sorry guys, monday!

mike

• 6 months later...
Guest ON3GO

this is a old thread.

contact was when i worked in houston.

i can ask around here in florida, i know of a few shops that carrys stuff like this.

mike

• 1 month later...

Has anyone successfully transplanted an R200 skyline clutch type LSD into a R200 case for install on a 73 240z.

We got the clutch pack in the case and set up properly, but the stub axles would not fit - they look the same but are a slightly different size.

I don't know what to do next - does anyone have a good idea as to how I can get out of this with a working diff?

With thanks in anticipation

The clutch LSDs have the same spline count as the open diffs and the side stubs from an R200 open diff should plug right into the LSD. Sounds like you are trying the R180 stub shafts and they're not fitting. I think you need the R200 stubs.

Or you could convert to Z31T CV's with a kit from Modern Motorsports. http://www.modernmotorsports.com