HybridZ

1971 Datsun 240z resto.project [vids/pics]

mull

• 2 weeks later...

hi mull. question about the flares.

i dont know if it's just me, but it seems almost as though the arch on the upper most part of the flare that needs to be smoothed out onto the body looks as if it is almost an apex.

as in, it's not a perfect curve.

I know it's sorta hard to achieve due to the position of the flare, and that they're hand made/rolled.

but it looks almost like a vertical oval shape instead of a round shape. how do i put this?.... it's like ... a peak? at the top of the flare?

but im a fan of flares, through and through, so i still like them =)

Are those flares going to be produced? I would REALLY want those exact flares...not too wide and go up high enough to not look odd

These are one-offs, about 2.5" wide.

And, since everything is so cheap in the US, most of you guys would just whine about them being pricey : )

But then again, what do I know. Send Viktor an email and ask for a quote?

Darensteel.com, mail right here: info@darensteel.com

Here's a bigger pic. There is some curvature to it. But I requested it that way.

[side image]

i know, i like rounded flares more than angular ones, but that's not the part i was talking about. sorrry, it's hard to pinpoint it without me going into photoshop and pointing to it =(

i'll get around to it. but i'll be the first to say it probably doesnt look the way i think it does in reality. photography is like that with a lot of things =/