HybridZ

1971 Datsun 240z resto.project [vids/pics]

mull

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Asta-Rolf's Sis

WOWIE, Philip, you've almost convinced us to hang on to our California 1971 240z rather than selling it. GREAT videos and step-by-step scenario. Way to go!

Ours is here http://www.classiczcars.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3227 .... but maybe you've done it! Made us reconsider and keep her.

Thanks, and may your best dreams become reality!

":0) Asta

Thanks Asta! Glad you like the project! Hope you come around and change your mind. I'll sure keep my Z until it vaporizes or something : )

------------

The lack of updates now is due to waiting for my theory man (chassis guy) to do some calculations on where the S14 front end should go. I'd like the geometry to end up as good as it can possibly be. Should be some more engine-action come next week though. I hope. Guess we'll see... Plans include sand blasting the valve/timing belt covers and painting them.

I'm pretty annoyed with the exchange rate btw, the dollar's gone up a whole lot recently, which adds $140 (compared to the end of june) to my order-to-be from MSA. It's not much, but it's still pretty annoying when I keep thinking I could've placed the order 4 months ago :) Whatever. Chassis/engine is first, then after a whole bunch of things it's time for cosmetics.

Guest Asta-Rolf's Sis

BRILLIANT WORK! Not only are you tenacious as can be, but you documented the step-by-step processes with really great style! Makes me look at our '71 in a whole new way. Thanks for teaching us so much in a most entertaining way, loved the videos and music! What fun! :D

You sure have a lot of expertise and patience. :mparty:

• 1 month later...

I look at every picture I read as much as I need to keep update let me say this the amount of rust work you have done, is outstanding. It inspiring to see something like this. Me and my dad started fixing up my datsun. Then 4 months after I found this project, I now know I can save mine keep posting.. I really want to your project done :D

• 2 weeks later...

Peek-a-boo! Wohey! Finally got my thumb out and took some time to film/photograph (and make some progress with) the build :)

089_G.jpg

090_G.jpg

N1 Waterpump in place.

091_G.jpg

092_G.jpg

093_G.jpg

095_G.jpg

096_G.jpg

097_G.jpg

098_G.jpg

Covers temporary on as dustcovers till next visit.

099_G.jpg

Tomei poncams inside. I:260°/9,15 mm och E:252°/9,15 mm if I remember correctly.

Wow that RB26, half a foot taller then a L28 Block because of those DOHC.... how is the SuspensionFront End going Mull, have you though of a good rimwheel for that beast?

No. No wheel ideas yet. Front end hopefully coming on within a month or so.

mull, you inspire me.:icon14:

In fact, here's the latest vid: http://rapidshare.com/files/173902098/mull_pbz2_720p.wmv

That's right. I said video.

funny-pictures-technical-support-cat.jpg

No - but there may be something wrong with the way you're downloading it. ;)

Don't right click > save as.

Just click it. Wait, insert verification, download!

Unless you're a paying rapidsharer - then you could've saved as (assuming you had server choice on auto) : )

funny-pictures-technical-support-cat.jpg

No - but there may be something wrong with the way you're downloading it. ;)

Don't right click > save as.

Just click it. Wait, insert verification, download!

Unless you're a paying rapidsharer - then you could've saved as (assuming you had server choice on auto) : )

OH. :lmao:

Yeah, that'll do it. My bad!