HybridZ

1971 Datsun 240z resto.project [vids/pics]

mull

I'd like to point out that there is not nearly enough lubrication on those cams for initial startup to be on the safe side.

not saying it's going to cause an issue, but I would use a thick assembly lube instead of a regular oil.

video is cool though!

Noted. The oil used is a mix of 3 different oils. Installation isn't done yet. Valve clearance will still need to be measured and shims adjusted/moved/, gaskets are missing, etc. :icon6:

On an L motor if you can get an extra distributor drive gear you can grind off the gears and install the shaft and use a drill motor and get oil pressure to the entire motor before it is ever started. Honestly on a shim and bucket cam I dont think you need as much lube as on a rocker design, since the bucket spins around and cams are so much wider.

Since this is a Gearotor pump your only option for prelube is for a Canton Accusump, kind-of overkill but very cool.

On an L motor if you can get an extra distributor drive gear you can grind off the gears and install the shaft and use a drill motor and get oil pressure to the entire motor before it is ever started. Honestly on a shim and bucket cam I dont think you need as much lube as on a rocker design, since the bucket spins around and cams are so much wider.

Since this is a Gearotor pump your only option for prelube is for a Canton Accusump, kind-of overkill but very cool.

Did you post in the correct area? He's putting a RB motor in there (No distributor). And as long as he is taking on the project, I think he's doing things right. Rushing things because you're excited isn't a good thing.

I'd like to point out that there is not nearly enough lubrication on those cams for initial startup to be on the safe side.

not saying it's going to cause an issue, but I would use a thick assembly lube instead of a regular oil.

video is cool though!

mull can i smack him, please please? no offense but I remember the man did say "keep the dust off until next visit" Careless buddy you got to read them small quotes under the pictures :)

Did you post in the correct area? He's putting a RB motor in there (No distributor). And as long as he is taking on the project, I think he's doing things right. Rushing things because you're excited isn't a good thing.

I strongly agree don't rush at all, take your time.. if you rush, mistake's

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I merely stated a good way to create oil pressure on an L motor without it running only as a suggestion to others.

I clearly stated the benefits of a shim and bucket valve train (since that is what an RB motor has). I stated the type of oil pump an RB has and I NEVER suggested he rush any portion of the project and I never got excited about it either.

WTF:sour:

I strongly agree don't rush at all, take your time.. if you rush, mistake's
Agree all you want, but the fact remains. I never suggested he rush anything.

I merely stated a good way to create oil pressure on an L motor without it running only as a suggestion to others.

I clearly stated the benefits of a shim and bucket valve train (since that is what an RB motor has). I stated the type of oil pump an RB has and I NEVER suggested he rush any portion of the project and I never got excited about it either.

Well clarify a little when you state that. It sounded like you were directing that comment at mull.

I will say that my comment about rushing this wasn't directed at you. It was just for those who are impatient to see mull's car finished.

Are there any videos on the editing floor?

If me keeping my fingers crossed will help make the front end transplant come true this weekend - there will be shortly.

Engine build is waiting for some gaskets and stuff to be delivered.

If me keeping my fingers crossed will help make the front end transplant come true this weekend - there will be shortly.

Engine build is waiting for some gaskets and stuff to be delivered.

WOot Front end!.. I can't wait to see those pics I would presume that Huddinge Kustoms will be doing most of the fab work? It will be Great to see a soild rolling chaise, then the really work begins.. don't suppose your thinking of putting a roof back in to? My opinon is metal roof :icon14:... but then again this an't my car, altough arrow dynamics are always a nice thing to have :)

lol thats why I agreed with you, stating he should not rush AT ALL!! so why you are angery I don't know? sry if I upset you :(

Well clarify a little when you state that. It sounded like you were directing that comment at mull.

I will say that my comment about rushing this wasn't directed at you. It was just for those who are impatient to see mull's car finished.

Like the last vid stated RED ALERT! NEED Z fix people who want a z fix go out to the garage and work on yours or buy one! They shouldn't be demanding video.

Ps. Mull hope your front end dreams come true. I got mine fingers cross for yeah to try and help! Since I am all the way in Canada >.<