HybridZ

Mitsubishi Starian/conquest seats

Miles

Has anyone here made adaptors to install Mitsubishi Starian or Dodge Conquest seats in their 240Z?

Miles, my car came with the Starion/Conquest stock cloth seats installed. I don't think it took much at all to put them in there. If you are looking for some to rough or keep to put into your car, I'll give you mine--PM or email me. The seats are decent, especially for free.

Davy

Mike posted the link to my post from awhile back. Since then I have taken the car on two long trips. One to LA and the other to Pheonix. After 12 hours in the seat I felt great. Wonderful seats.

All you need to install then in a 240 is an angle grinder, a drill, a hack saw, four feet of 1/2" square tubing, and a few nuts and bolts. I got everything at the local Ace Hardware.

The hardest part is installing the screws in the rear mounts. Well worth the effort IMHO.

Looks like Conquest seats will work. As soon as the rain stops I am going to the bone yards to look at Conquest, Hyudai Tiberon and RX7 seats. I thought that I would remove my passenger side seat and do some fitting and measurements at the bone yard. Anyone have pictures of any of these seats in a 240Z?

Thanks

I have a white 88 Conquest TSI right now with maroon/red leather seats. The whole car is cherry. I bought it from a old man (1 owner) with 58,000 mi and its flawless except the driver seat has a spot on the upper section of the seat that the leather has worn thru from entry/exiting the car.

I sure wish I could find a cherry drivers side upper half of the seat, or even the whole seat, to make my Conquest whole again... :D

you have a conquest! man!

i miss mine so much' date=' such a awesome car! way ahead of its time.

just get rid of that efi system and your in!

mike[/quote']

Yep... she purrrs like a tiger to. Its 100% stock and I drive it to the V.A. in Houston on a regular bases.

62,000 mi and still smooth as day one...

damn next time you come this way let me know, i havent been in a starquest since i sold mine.

had a black 88 TSI, with a 83 vented hood.. man i loved that car!

it was sooooo cherry, not a ding or flaw anywhere on it!

mike

I've got one and it's a great car at speed but cumbersome and heavy feeling around town. Mine's an '87 and I've heard the '89 steering is quicker so I'd like to convert if any of you have spare parts? I am going to switch engines at some point, the G54B 2.6L just doesn't seem too refined. I just bought a Sirius Turbo DASH head (do you know what that is?) for $50 off Ebay and picked it up locally so I plan on building an engine around a G64 base engine to use the head on. I'm too lazy to make a rear-sump pan to build that engine for a Z car (unless someone knows if there's a Mitsubishi applic for rear-sump G64??) DAW

they rev up very very slow. heavy flywheel, wide and heavy tires just makes it worse on that car.

i always wanted to do a DOHC swap or a 4G63/4 swap to one..

mike

I've got a Mercedes 3.2 V6 dohc aluminum-block engine that has a front-sump oilpan that could possibly be a candidate for the Starion. It is a very lightweight engine...the last thing that car needs is more weight. It seems like everything in that car is too heavy; bumpers, seats, dashboard, etc. It would be a fun car to gut. I was toying with the idea of putting a mid-engine/transaxle in a Starion parts car I have but that is so far down on my list that I doubt it will happen. I think it's possible though. There was a guy autocrossing a Civic around here that had an Acura V6/transaxle instead of a backseat and it worked well. DAW

they rev up very very slow. heavy flywheel' date=' wide and heavy tires just makes it worse on that car.

i always wanted to do a DOHC swap or a 4G63/4 swap to one..

mike[/quote']

hey mike,

a starion/conquest is not too far from you!

i've got one of both, 87's, in front of my house! might do the 4g63 swap, but gotta finish the 280 first.

-steven m.

No, I know what it is...check the last few sentences of the last paragraph of this article...http://www.autohausaz.com/mitsubishi-auto-parts/mitsubishi-starion-parts.html...there is an electrical solenoid that is rpm-actuated that then hydraulically actuates a second (larger) intake valve into action which increases breathing dramatically. 350hp from the 2L Sirius DASH turbo engine which uses a throttle-body injector system. I'm going to use the head on a 2.4L and multi-port injection turbo set-up. DAW