HybridZ

Lexus/Toyota 1UZFE

roastin300

Anyone had experience running the 1UZFE, specifically boosted? I am going to be picking up an entire drivetrain and will be going megasquirt. Not sure what i am dropping it in, would like a Z31 or S13 but think it might be easier and will have more room in an older 240Z. I currently have an HX40 powered Z31, putting down over 400rwhp, i want to step it up a notch with a new project and start off with this 4.0 V8. check out www.1uzfe.com for more info on these motors, they are extremely well built and very strong! Shooting for around 650-700rwhp on a stock block boosted.

Man, these motors seem to be in the back of everyone's mind latelly. I'm looking into a swap into my S130 but right now I don't have the money to get the project rolling. I'll probly be going turbo charged IF I can fit them. Otherwise I'll stay under the 400hp NA mark. Wich is fine. Either way I'll be able to smog it.

I don't have much more info other than what you've probly found already. There's a company making supercharger "kits" (far from bolt on kits) in australia.

http://www.lextreme.com/sc.html

Lextreme is a decent source for info/parts, but there are others. I've also seen a modern roots style setup done. I personally favor the centrifugal type for supercharger but i've seen insane power from roots too, so either way is fine, it's just preferrence.

Keep us updated with info if you do the swap. I'd like to see your project progress and find out what mountains you run into. I think the stock bottom end will hold 650-700 hp, but you might want to look into reducing the rotating mass weight so the pistons don't take so much of a beating. Just a thought. Just remember, above 13 or so PSI you're playing russian roulet on stock compression ratio. Lextreme offeres dish pistons if you need them.

EDIT: ( i just hate creating more posts sometimes after someone else posts)

My main concern against supercharging is streetability. Turbos can be programed thus giving you some low HP RPM to drive around town with. I guess I just like having traction in the rain unlike some.

if you're planning on a supercharger i'd personally go with a screws (whipple). they are way more efficient than a roots, nearly as efficient as a centrifugal, and give you the instant boost down low like a roots. definitley the best supercharger imo.

the only thing better would be a turbo since they're efficient and more importantly don't have any parsitic losses.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinkign about swaping one in my supra. than I said *$ the supra motor swap my Z's lighter. I'm weighing a 1uz, vh45, or LS1. If i can find a 1uz cheap enough I'd fgo for it the only thing i don't like is using the toyota 6speed. great F*ing tranny but way over priced now and very hard to find