HybridZ

HKS RB25DET Cast Manifold

240Z_Master

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I just spent a few minutes looking over your site and your project, and I must say, you're doing one hell of a job! Your attention to detail and your photos are excellent. I like how you've got links to the FSM pages too. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see it when it's finished. :2thumbs:

Nice documentation so far! Did you ever get a chance to see how the HKS manifold positioned the turbo in relation to the factory one? I've also been looking at the HKS piece, but didn't know how well it would fit in our engine bays.

It bottom mounts the turbo, basically rotates it 90 degrees. It can be a tight fit and I will take some mock pictures today.

Clearance is super duper tight between the steering shaft and the exhaust housing. I will have better pictures when I get underneath to check clearance.

Looks like for now my turbo choices will be limited to stock unless I relocate the steering shaft. (Should have thought about this before I bought the manifold).

DSC06032.JPG

DSC06033.JPG

DSC06034.JPG

DSC06035.JPG

DSC06036.JPG

DSC06037.JPG

DSC06038.JPG

I was gonna chime in earlier but forgot.... i had the same manifold on the rb26 i was originally going with on my car. it had a t04S and it hit the framerail hard and there was no way to make it fit with that manifold. May want to consider something else as this will limit your HP greatly

I was gonna chime in earlier but forgot.... i had the same manifold on the rb26 i was originally going with on my car. it had a t04S and it hit the framerail hard and there was no way to make it fit with that manifold. May want to consider something else as this will limit your HP greatly

Well the stock turbo fits for now, I can figure something out later. If it doesn't fit we'll just have to make it fit!

That's a damn shame the turbo comes so close to the steering shaft, the manifold sure looks good otherwise. I'll have to e-mail a friend of mine in Japan and see what the difference is in HP with the HKS piece vs stock manifold. He does a lot with the RB25 and the 26.