HybridZ

HKS RB25DET Cast Manifold

240Z_Master

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put a spacer on the turbo and have it stick up out of the hood a litle. but that's jsut me. maybe I'll do it if i got with an rb

Not to diss, but why would you want the turbo to stick out the hood? If you did that I'd get a nice coffe can to use as a muffler!:twak:

Anybody want some RICE.

Not to diss' date=' but why would you want the turbo to stick out the hood? If you did that I'd get a nice coffe can to use as a muffler!:twak:

Anybody want some RICE.[/quote']

Right...

well anyways it's the same consept as taking air though the headlight.

supra_burnout1.jpg

It's good for some forced air into the turbo and 10-15hp under the right conditions

Right...

well anyways it's the same consept as taking air though the headlight.

supra_burnout1.jpg

It's good for some forced air into the turbo and 10-15hp under the right conditions

Whatever, you're wrong, and if you ever try to stick your keys into my Z again i'll make sure its the last thing you do. This thread is about HKS Cast Manifold not about top mount stainless manifolds. Go to another thread and hijack that one instead.

Whatever, you're wrong, and if you ever try to stick your keys into my Z again i'll make sure its the last thing you do.

Hey Q have you fiqured out what you plan on doing? From your post I can tell your starting to get aggrivated.:banghead:

Just my suggestion here, so don't get to mad. Put the manifold back on Ebay, I sure you'll get more for it now since it looks so sweet. And for now go back to your original plan of using all the stock turbo components. Would porting the stock exhaust manifold help at all?

I'm still in the process of building my swap, in my head, and I've noticed that all of the new manifold that I've seen push the turbo(s) out too far. What I realy liked about that one is that the turbo is mounted on the bottom. I preffer a tight mounting set up.

There comes a time when you just need to stop :beatdeadh . Step back and let it go. Get the car running, and then find a setup that you like. Besides I'm looking forward to some more write ups on your swap. So lets get going.:D

Hey Q have you fiqured out what you plan on doing? From your post I can tell your starting to get aggrivated.:banghead:

Just my suggestion here' date=' so don't get to mad. Put the manifold back on Ebay, I sure you'll get more for it now since it looks so sweet. And for now go back to your original plan of using all the stock turbo components. Would porting the stock exhaust manifold help at all?

I'm still in the process of building my swap, in my head, and I've noticed that all of the new manifold that I've seen push the turbo(s) out too far. What I realy liked about that one is that the turbo is mounted on the bottom. I preffer a tight mounting set up.

There comes a time when you just need to stop :beatdeadh . Step back and let it go. Get the car running, and then find a setup that you like. Besides I'm looking forward to some more write ups on your swap. So lets get going.:D[/quote']

I wasn't getting mad at the bottom mount, I was getting mad about another user. As for the the bottom mount, it's tight and I like the fit to be honest with you. If I clock the turbo correctly I might even be able to squeeze on a T04 Housing (I highly highly doubt it). But for now the stock turbo DOES fit onto the manifold so I will work on that throughout the week.

If someone tried to jam their car keys into your car thinking they could open it, and then laugh about it, you would be darn ticked at the guy for life too.

How could anyone do that. I could pick my Z out, with out thinking about it. I have yet to see one Z look like another. (Maybe when they where new)

How are you thinking of cocking the turbo? And do you really think your going to get much performance gain by useing that manifold?

How could anyone do that. I could pick my Z out' date=' with out thinking about it. I have yet to see one Z look like another. (Maybe when they where new)

How are you thinking of cocking the turbo? And do you really think your going to get much performance gain by useing that manifold?[/quote']

Clocking the turbo, as in unbolting the compressor housing and rotating the housing so that the air outlet is in a more desireable position (instead of smack against the fenderwall).

The reason why I got this manifold was due to the external wastegate port. Now I don't know if you saw that. Another reason was because the manifold was T3 flanged, so it sets me up to use countless numbers of turbos (if the clearance is good). So external + T3 flanged was why I got it. Plus cast so it wont crack as easy.

Aren't most t3 flanged turbos internally gated though? And isn't the stock flange t3? I don't get it. It is a nice looking manifold though. Which turbo were you planning on using?

A lot of the T3/T04 Hybrids and GT series turbo are externally gated. For instance the GT3076R, GT35R etc...

Clocking the turbo' date=' as in unbolting the compressor housing and rotating the housing so that the air outlet is in a more desireable position (instead of smack against the fenderwall).

[/quote']

Ohhh, Clocking the turbo. I had no idea you could do that. I learn something new every day.

I figured you wanted that manifold due to its external wastegate.

Can you install a slightly taller engine mount (The rubber part) to gain a bit more clearence? I don't think another 1/2" should affect the car to much.

• 1 year later...
But for now the stock turbo DOES fit onto the manifold so I will work on that throughout the week.

OT: :) so you will update your project to day 17 soon then?

It's been a while since "3/5/2006"

Looking forward to that already :D

@ Deceeve: Thoose are usually on ebay. keep an eye on ebay in Australia also. Think Jps trading on ebay.com have sold a few of thoose.