HybridZ

Boxed Guards/Fenders?

260DET

Should have pics shouldn't I, but they were done a lot around the '80's, particularly in Europe. Basically it was done by curving the fender out along a vertical line then inserting a curved piece along the top. So the fender had a definate line along the top.

Anyway I'm sure someone knows what I'm raving about, question is - are there any Z's around with this done? Because it seems like an alternative to the usual flared and curved work done to increase wheel space.

Meanwhile I'll try and find some pics.

Thats right, some Skylines do have them and Jon, yes, that type of thing on the 510. Although those particular ones, hmmm..............

I have a US authoured car sheetmetal fabrication book around somewhere but can't find it. There was a how to do it project on the subject in that book, damm.

If the side body line of the S30 or S130 was followed in designing boxed flairs they could look quite good, could look awful though if the design was not right?

• 3 weeks later...