HybridZ

Bracing the frame

Guest vanir97

Guest vanir97

I just bought a 72Z/350/340HP+ and was wondering how to bolster the frame to give it more rigidity. The car was done professionally and all suspension was upgraded to handle the power/torque of the engine. But as you know there is always something else that can be done to "tie things together" what have some of you folks done to your cars.

Car will be driven at "Track Days" and already has an SCCA approved roll cage installed and urethane bushings all around (even body bushings are urethane)

first question, have you used the search function yet? i realize that you're fairly new here and may not know about it. there is literally more information along with pictures than you will ever need here [a very good thing] and if you take a little time, you'll find what you need. on the remote chance that you don't find what you're looking for, then post and others will do their best to help.

you'll also find that by not using the search function, others will consider it the lazy man's approach and won't get much help at all...

fyi and welcome to hybridz!!

ps-search for the following 'frame rail support', 'baddog parts', 'floor pans', 'roll cages'.

I you already have a roll cage, I would install a triangulated front strut tower brace, to tie the strut towers to the firewall. Also one for the rear that would tie to the floor and the rear towers.And finally some subframe connectors. That's about it. I have all 4 items, and I can jack up the whole side of the car by simply lifting at the rear subframe. It's pretty amazing how stiff it is now.

Ditto! I've done the cage, and the triangulation, but not the sub-frame connectors. To add to this I have a solid six-point engine/transmission assembly mounting that ties all of this together as one soild unit. It is quite rigid and allows for a comfortable and "streetable" suspension using some fairly stiff components (it has a more comfortable ride than my 240SX using softer components)