HybridZ

Pix of L28 Twin Turbo?

ZetoZeto99

Yea TT L6 manifold - talk to 240ztt on this site he had one of these manifolds at one point but as it did not work on the LHD re was selling it (I think he sold it on ebay)

Yeap your right. Steering shaft would need to be modified, and the manifold might needed some work so I sold it to a guy in CA who is putting it on a RHD mustard color that he bought from Les at classicdatsun.com

Sucks but at least I got what I paid for and it went to a good home and will be put to good use.

• 4 months later...

$700!?! I found gold. It's everyone else's lucky day! Someone buy this and post tons of install pics. Dyno sheets would be nice too:mrgreen:

https://www.rhdjapan.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=527

Okay guys - for those interested in a Twin Turbo setup on a L6 in a S30 - looks like TRUST/GREDDY still have a listing for a SUS = Stainless Steel' date=' twin turbo setup see the following link - then check the second listing states S30 twin turbo setup for L20~L28 has a partnumber also. And for those who want a N/A see the second link below

Twin Turbo

N/A Trust Header

• 6 years later...

OK,

I am having such a hard time finding ANY info on these vintage authentic japanese twin turbo headers. Im looking for a pic of an HKS twin manifold for an L series as well as a greddy trust. Can anyone help me out? I have a link to a pic of what I believe is the HKS but want to make sure. I might have an opportunity to obtain one of these. Also I cant find any pics of them installed in a LHD ride.

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/273612-twin-turbo-manifold-t3s-devil-z-datsun.html

Looks like Trust in one photo, HKS in the other.

Where is the spec that says the Devil Z wat TT?

24OZ here has a PDF copy of the original HKS brochure he obtained through direct inquiry to the Aviation Division of HKS.

Edited by Tony D

Waitaminit here now..."stupid"? That IS offensive.Wikipedia is a valid source?

I'm familiar with the motion-picture DevilZ from the 1989 feature. Touched it in the day matter of fact.I'm not that up on the anime version (which I make the assumption POSTDATES the 89 feature AND the Manga which it all started from.)And apparently then the anime version grew a turbo as the SSS car didn't have two (used for the motion picture it had a big single KKK)

Reading the links provided provided a lot of talk, guesses, foolish conjecture, but little in the way of manga, anime, or video backup.

The Manga I had seen followed the motion picture VERY closely, as did the single anime... So lose n fact you could or relate scenes between the two like they used a virtual tracing program to get he details exact.

So before you go be an asshat and tell me "don't be stupid" for asking for ONE piece of visual backup consider he REASON I'm asking.

Seriously, I wasn't offended before, but right now I'm feeling the need to kick someone's impolite ass! WTF? angry.gif

Considering the Manga and First Motion Picture froze the development of the series in1989/1990 (first year for Z32/BNR32) developments after that point is what is being inquired about as for close to 10 years to that point it was a known entity in Japan...

There is a website Wangan Midnight Expressway, that is dedicated to the manga. It used to have pdf's for download. There are interesting discussions there and even a few hybrid familiar names in the posts.

I don't want to get into a purist fight on HybridZ, so make your devil z how you want it.

Since we are necro bench racing anyway, my hybrid devil z will be a LS7 powered and an automatic.

Insert emoticon here.

It's not a "purist fight"--rather a question about development of a vehicle over time. There are specific, correct descriptions. This was not a discussion about constructing a Devil Z, but rather construction OF "The Devil Z"---two VERY different things ctc!

People mix the three (Manga, Motion Picture, Anime) genres together, ascribing one trait from one to another. It's worse now that there is a "NEW" Devil Z out there which all the kiddies know and THINK is the ORIGINAL car? For christs sake the car in the JY in the new motion picture is a 2/2!!! Not in the 1989/90 version!

FOR INSTANCE:

People swear the Devil Z is carburetted. Sure it is. At one point. As I have pointed out though, the Anime and matching Manga I saw followed the Motion Picture closely, so closely as mentioned that they could have used a tracing program from the screen shots off the motion picture.

And in the motion picture the car STARTS as a triple carbed blowthrough turbo setup, but during the engine change scenes in the end (and as I PERSONALLY WITNESSED) the car was equipped with first generation analog FI using HKS ITB's and the same surge tank.

If you're a graphic artist with no technical background, you don't catch these details... As an engineer I do. The SSS cars developed from Carbs in the mid 80's to the new EFI setups midway through the decade. HKS, SK, and others made ITB's, many using DUAL INJECTORS PER CYLINDER....

That's just ONE example of the misinformation online, and people without a technical clue, or who have never seen firsthand the original Manga or the Original Motion Picture from the 89/90 year of 'big growth'...

There is ONE person I would defer to on this: YETTERBEN

He's got archival crap that makes my stash look anemic. I may have to get out my dead VHS Tape and see if I can screen capture the specs page from the 1990 'making of' video...

• Like 1