HybridZ

Diamond Racing Wheels

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning on getting a set eventually, once I get some springs and struts on my 280z. I want to use them on the street, without flares, so I figure 15x7 will work, I'll measure the backspacing on my 14x7 mags and use that measurement for the new wheels to make sure they fit. Probably will end up the same size as the wheels mom'sZ is getting...

Just thinking out loud, I like these wheels a lot...

yep. you could go 4.5 inches of backspacing easily on the rear but only on the front with like 195 or 205 width tires. I am running 225s al the way around and it cleared the front suspension by half an inch with the wider tires and more clearance in the rear with 4" backspace. I could use 5" now and 10" wide rims...anyone want to buy mine?

• 11 months later...
Guest Count Grantleyish
P10100032.JPG

15X10 w/ 5" backspace Diamonds. Only took a week or so to deliver. I called around and about the fourth tire shop I called had a balancer to balance on the lugs - they had really nice newer equipment.

Thanks

Cameron

G'day mate,

I got some question to ask,

Is the 15x10 rims all round with 5" backspace? Or it's staggered set (narrower front and wider rears)?

What size tyres and brand are these? And are these DOT approved tyres?

How easy is it to get street radials for 15x10's?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Grant

• 1 year later...
I stretched a 205/50/15 on a 8inch wide wheel. I've only driven it around a bit(probally less than 50 miles) so I can't officially say its okay to use these wheels on the street with stretched tires. 205/50/15 gives me allot of 50-70$ decent tire options. Your also going to have to talk to diamond about cutting a 9 and a 9.5, because you will have to pay for a 10 inch wide wheel and then your going to have to pay to get it cut down to the 9 and 9.5. I'll probally be buying some 16x8s from them in the future so I have more access to decent bigger tires. I thought about running 15x9s or 10s but the cost of the getting the wheel cut and only having access to crappy minitruck tires persuaded me not to.

Pusher, your wheels look Chrome.. is the finish holding up good?

• 12 years later...
11 hours ago, Miguel Gradilla said:

How long does it take for them to send the email and process the payments?

Yep, DRW is very responsive and customer-oriented.  I've bought a couple sets of wheels from them and never had a problem.  They are an extremely well-established company in the racing industry.