HybridZ

Arizona Z goes billet Ali crazy!

Any idea what applications and years use these LSD diffs?

The ice is melting at the U-PULL-IT yard.

Len

I know the Cobras have them for sure, but some Tbirds and IRS Explorers may have a LSD too. Just be careful, because the 8.8's run very hot on road courses and you will lose the effectiveness of a clutch type LSD when that happens. If you want the good stuff, go with the 03/04 Cobra and upgrading to a helical style LSD (Torsen T2, T2R, or Detroit Locker True Trac) with a diff cooler. You'd be suprised how cheap you can get stuff from a guy that wants to put a solid axle in his IRS equipped Mustang. The 03/04 Cobra has bigger half-shafts and 31 spline axles as opposed to the 28 spline (maybe 29) of the older ones.

Wow looks really cool I really like it but... I like to question things. To be bold and study this more not to offend feelings, just positive conversation here.

Could more structure be added underneath or in front of the finned cover closer to the rear arm pivot points? Make a piece to join the two smaller clamps. If so the sway bar brace could be made lighter then. If possible this lower structure could have dual exhaust pipe cresents for clearane that would look cool. To share the loading of the bar and pivots now in one mount up higher with less dimensional span I wonder if the rigidity is that of stock datsun.

Is he just planning on a 8.8 pumkin swap, pumkng and axles, or what?

Are the axles beefier than a stock R200? Are they the same size/spline?

An 8.8 sounds interesting I know they need braces because they have a weak cover but that's all i now about them. I'll have to do some research.

I've been thinking about getting the R200 moustache bar and front diff mount for my 71 instead of cutting out the custom ones I have in my 72, if I don't repair the 72.

Isk

Is he just planning on a 8.8 pumkin swap' date=' pumkng and axles, or what?

Are the axles beefier than a stock R200? Are they the same size/spline?

An 8.8 sounds interesting I know they need braces because they have a weak cover but that's all i now about them. I'll have to do some research.

I've been thinking about getting the R200 moustache bar and front diff mount for my 71 instead of cutting out the custom ones I have in my 72, if I don't repair the 72.

Isk[/quote']

I know the 03/04 Cobra axles should be far stronger than what comes with the R200 and maybe even the R230. Check out my thread on ideas for a 8.8" swap here: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=108135

• 1 year later...
I assume you want one or the other?

I want the 8.8 kit... I wonder if he'd work a deal w/ some other susp. components. :hmm:

At this point I am on the fence on which way I'll go. I'd rather have the CLSD in the 8.8 and the aftermarket gear set choices.

On the other had I already have my R230 and one pair of halfshafts. So I just need to source one more pair and then buy the axles and adapters and I am set.

I just didn't want to mess with drilling and modifying my stock mustache bar either.