HybridZ

pics of z31 v8 hybrid

zscoop_007.jpg

Right on, throw down some pavement.

When I was going out with my gf in high school and it wasn't cool with the school (a very legalistic private school) one of my teachers said, "You know, I like what you're doing because I know there are a lot of kids here that want to have boyfriends and girlfriends but are afraid because it's taboo here; but, sometimes the pioneers are the ones that catch the arrows."

• 2 weeks later...

well i finally ran my car out of gas and dropped the tank this past weekend. it went smoothly, and i only broke one screw that held on the heat sheild for the differential. i was expecting to see rust and crud galore when i pried the top off the tank, but to my surprise it looked like brand new. this car sat for about ten or eleven years so i was releived. i ditched the electric pump and modified the sump with a 3/8 line complete with new sock filter and special bracing for my new setup. all in all i think it went pretty well, there is a noticable difference in the way the engine runs; smoother idle, smoother acceleration. i still have some ignition and carb tuning to do to make it perfect, i am never satisfied, i don't think i am that great at tuning engines with stock cams, haha. anyway here are some pics of my modifications.

stock in tank baffle

z_405.jpg

stock sump with electric pump

z_410.jpg

my modified version

z_412.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...