HybridZ

The Biggest Ls1 Yet

Just Got Back From A Shop This Weekend To Drop My B16 For My Crx To Be Resleeved. Gut At The Shop Took Me For A Tour And Showed Me Their Cnc Machine. There Beside The Machine Covered In Plastic Was Thier 500ci Ls1 That They Just Finished. I **** My Pants. This Thing Was Buetiful. Had A Custom Around 1 Inch Cnc Deck Plate To Allow For The Larger Stroke With Custom One Off Darton Sleeves. Woulnt Let Me Take Any Pics Tough. Please Keep This On This Forum. He Said They Are Going To Be Super Charging This One And Also Building Another For The New Pontiac Solstice For The Same Customer.

I guess with a 4.2" bore and a 4.5" stroke you could do that. I know the standard Darton's can be taken out to 4.16 and 4.125 cranks are easy to come by and that get's you 448. The sleeved block is about $2600 and the crank with pistons and rods is about $4500 for a non twist and bullet proof rods.

Guest speedmon

I've never heard of a 500 LS motor......that would be the biggest I've ever heard of. I think the biggest I've ever seen is a 457 ..... which is made with darton 4.2 sleeves and a 4.125 crank......and makes about 600 NA RWHP.

They do make custom grind cranks.....for big $$$$$. Maybe he's got one.

Find out what kind of crank he is running and rods too.......

Pontiac Solstice? I wonder what rear end he's gonna use.

"what more could you ask for?"

0404sc_hemi_12_z.jpg

0404sc_hemi_02_z.jpg

how about 815 cubic inches of ALUMINUM CHEVY HEMI!!!!! putting out well in excess of 1600hp............BEFORE you even think TURBO,.hey I can,t help being a big block guy!

http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/products/engines/815-hemi.htm

http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/support-images/engines/hemiengine.png

Newest issue of HotRod magazine page 90 ERL LS2 super-deck 4.2 bore 4.5 stroke. 499 CID only available as a complete short block $12,000 Pretty good picture of it. Of more interest to me page 88 World Products LS7X "Warhawk" block. Accepts all standard LS 2 stuff , 454 cid, 6 bolt per chamber. Designed to accept heavy doses of boost. Has multiple engine mount options (including old style small block) Bare block 4000 Better pictures of this unit. April 2006 issue