HybridZ

Finally a Car build thread for me :P

tfreer85

Your motor is a 99-00 ls1 not a 2001.

Dammit it Mike!! sorry a typo, thanks for the correction. Its going in stock for the most part right now. Glad I went with the LS1 instead of the truck 5.3 motor.

mmmmmm iam so jelous I think my car is going to become a parts car for a nicer one sometime!

Well its taken a while and a lot of hard work to get the parts that i have so far. I still have at least another 4k worth of stuff to do to get it on the road.

Tyson

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
But of course Adrian, would I expect anything different? I'm not building a sports car to drive slow in.

Oh well i jsut wanted my engien to run a little smoother than my loppy camed tripple webber L28.

hahaha who am i kidding it will be a twin turbo v12 one day :flamedevi

tfreer85 Any updates? pictures?

Sorry Mike, but no. I'm just now one month out of knee reconstruction, so I just got off crutches today. Which means I have another month of waiting before I can dive back into working on it. I'll be sure to keep you updated first.

Tyson

• 2 months later...

Okay, so still haven't been cleared from my 3rd knee sugery to start working on my car. Its okay I guess, lacking garage space to start doing much anyways and build time will be cut down just because I have so many damn parts now. One thing not pictured is my JCI motor mounts modified for powersteering rack. ZG flares and BRE spoiler are on their way, trying to decided if I want to do an G-nose with an MSA air-dam underneath. There is a purple one I remember seeing on here once possibly from RacerX or Alan.

So its been like christmas around here new parts almost everyday, celebrated the 21st b-day in vegas, and got a pretty cool Datsun racing jacket albeit in a Nissan Symbol :P . Color has been changed from Subaru blue to, Corvette Z06 Millenium Silver. Enjoy the pics

100_0825.jpg

100_0824.jpg

100_0823.jpg

Centerline Big Surs 17x9.5 with 5" bs

100_0822.jpg

100_0821.jpg

100_0820.jpg

New style hood vents for the 280z hood. (I'm impressed with the of the part)

100_0819.jpg

Austins ZG Bolt and Welting Kit

100_0818.jpg

100_0817.jpg

Fender Mirrors (thanks from to Dewayne)

100_0816.jpg

100_0815.jpg

Tyson

Tyson,

Love the jacket/shirt--custom, eh?

Love the hood vents. Where are they from, MSA?

The mirrors also look good, especially black like that. Are they internally adjustable? I'm trying to figure out what the gold rod is at the base.

Nice plug for Austin and his kit. He should advertise more.

Davy

Love the jacket/shirt--custom' date=' eh? [/quote']

Jacket is from ebay, or so I think I've seen it there once before. I don't know for sure it was given to me by my bro's GF.

Love the hood vents. Where are they from' date=' MSA?

[/quote']

Also from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230020415772&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr2_PcY_BIN_IT&refitem=230015649851&itemcount=2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CategoryProximity&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Thick metal grate and urethane or plastic. I was worried about it the quality, the seller kept me updated frequently and I had the things within a weeks time.

The mirrors also look good' date=' especially black like that. Are they internally adjustable? I'm trying to figure out what the gold rod is at the base.

[/quote']

Not pictured is a base, which I believe the gold (not real gold sorry) rod goes into and has a spring in. Which keeps the mirror base from being broken if pused over. Like a break away setting, but it would spring back into place.

Yes Austin should advertise more as well, for the price it worked out well, and is a VERY nice.

Tyson

Any way to get a jacket like that? Also interested in the ZG kit' date=' is there a site I can order from?

thanks[/quote']

I will ask about the jacket. You can contact 240hoke about the ZG kit through the info in the picture.

Tyson

Jacket is from ebay' date=' or so I think I've seen it there once before. I don't know for sure it was given to me by my bro's GF.

[/quote']

I'd go ahead and kiss her. Seriously, who cares if she is going out with your brother?!? Man, for a present like that I'd almost kiss a guy. I said "almost." :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info, Tyson. You can be sure that at leat 1000 guys will now copy you :mrgreen: Sucka! :lmao:

Davy

I'd go ahead and kiss her. Seriously' date=' who cares if she is going out with your brother?!? Man, for a present like that I'd almost kiss a guy. I said "almost." :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info, Tyson. You can be sure that at leat 1000 guys will now copy you :mrgreen: Sucka! :lmao:

Davy[/quote']

Haha, well my brother is 5 inches taller than me (he's 6'6") and about 80lbs heavier. Not the guy i want to mess with. However her cute little sister was there, and I contemplated the kiss.... :P No prob on the info, its HybridZ, I don't know what I'd do without some of you guys sharing.

On a side note, any body going to the IRL Race this weekend in the Sacramento ish area?

Tyson

*EDIT*

Found the pic posted by RacerX

ZG_airdam.jpg

*EDIT NUMBER 2* Heres the jacket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DATSUN-MOTOR-SPORT-TEAM-RACING-JACKET-SIZE-2XL_W0QQitemZ250018832718QQihZ015QQcategoryZ313QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• 3 weeks later...

Just a Small update. Got my paint guns and air powered body sander. The Guns are StartingLine by Devilbliss, they look to be good quality and will work out well for my first set of guns. The only downfall so far for these guns is that they require 13cfm @ 30psi. They body sander, well is just cheap mostly plastic, had to use the vise grips to be able to get the pad holder off the first time me and my dad had to literally use our entire body weight to twist it off. Also the Air inlet plug is completely made of plastic, so I'm going to get the right size fitting and NEVER remove it because I don't strip it. It was CHEAP and I got a CHEAP product (go figure) but it will serve its purpose of stripping, and occasional sanding. Now to the pics:

100_0852.jpg

100_0853.jpg

100_0854.jpg

100_0855.jpg

100_0856.jpg

Tyson