HybridZ

Jeep 4.0 Straight 6

Z-TARD

how much power do you think toyota pickups put ou with their 4 cylinders? probably about the same, and yota pickups aent light vehicles whatsoever.

i had just done a head gasket on a 4 cyl jeep but im sure these motors are very similar to the 6 cyl variants. anyways when I took the valves out to do the seals, 3 of the 8 springs were broken. My boss had said that it was a common problem on these jeeps. the replacement springs were only 3 bucks a piece, doesnt say much for their quality.

L-24 might be a bit heavy for a sand rail. I'd check the bellhousing bolt pattern on your ford straight six and see if it's the same a a small block 289/302. I may be remembering this completely wrong, but I think some of the inline six's had the same bolt pattern as the small block. That would wake your jeep up for sure. :) As for the L-24, if it runs decent you could probably get rid of it on ebay pretty quickly.

Mike