HybridZ

csr water pump

Silent

A 760mm belt will fit and replaces the original one

With the CSR pump, what is the block coolant water pressure supposed to be?

With the pump switched on and the radiator full of water, I see less than 10psi water pressure under the thermostat! When testing with the old water pump, I saw a maximum of 28-30psi @ 5000rpm' at the same point, under the thermostat, NO other changes.

Yes, the black wire is to earth and the blue wire is to power, with sufficiently large fuses (15 amp) and connecting wire (less than 0.5V voltage drop).

When bench testing the pump, impeller speed was an estimated 1000rpm.

Is this electric pump so efficient that its 'that many' times more efficient than the stock unit @ 5000rpm?

Flow is fine, but isn't flow and pressure related? It's quoted @ 38 gallons per minute @ 4psi.........what is it at 30psi? Why can't I see more than 10psi at the moment?

Help me please figure this out, Cheers.

Since my engine is out of the car right now I went out and took a few pictures of the Moroso "electric water pump" that I use.

P10100033.JPG

P10100023.JPG

P1010001.JPG

It took a few modifications (it's made for a big block V8) but at $79 it was well worth it to me and it works just fine.

Dragonfly

Yeah man this is sick......the more I look into this engine cooling caper, the more I like this setup. (Moroso EWP #63750)

A) Water pump speed can be varied via either/or electric motor speed or pulley sizes.Totally independant of engine speed. (Electric motor spins @ 2600 rpm.)

B) Can be left on after engine shutdown to combat heat soaking. (Max. 10 amp current draw. Will not flatten battery if left on for 1-2 minutes)

C) Cylinderblock/cylinder head can have optimal coolant pressure around the cylinders and head at all times to combat pinging.

D) Can use either the stock Nissan water pump or the high flow Diesel unit.

E) Easy to revert back to a standard, factory setup if needed if parts fail or need to be replaced at any time.

F) The kit is cheap @ US$85.00 (Jan. 2010) CSR @ US$240.00 (Dec.2009)

G) May require some minimal bracket/electrical work to make it work on an L engine.

H) The thermostat may be eliminated if a "dedicated water pump controller is used" (Some aftermarket ECU's may be able to handle this requirement.)

Davies Craig sell water pump controllers that allow for user defined coolant temperature settings for optimal engine performance.

The CSR is a good thing, but the jury (anyone with any ideas/thoughts/opinions should mention them!) is still out as to whether it 'cuts the mustard' in all of the above mentioned criteria.

Time will tell.

I have left messages for JeffP and CSR and I'm waiting for them to get back to me on this.

• 2 weeks later...

A response, finally.

Mr. Avramovic,

Our pump is designed to be a circulation pump,it will provide very little pressure. The motor turns approximately 2500 rpm at no load conditions unless you have an electrical problem.

Be sure your ground is good, (not on a painted or anodized surface). Be sure you have at least a 14ga. wire on the +12 volt side and that it is fused with a 15 amp fuse. Be sure the black wire is ground and blue wire is +12 volt. So the pump is not running backwards.

Thank you for choosing CSR Performance Products.

Best Regards,

Carol Cheesman

Customer Service Representative

CSR Performance Products

800-226-1274

Visit us on-line today!

www.csr-performance.com

Answers all my questions.......Oh and BTW, does anyone need a very newish electric water pump for their 'performance' L Series? No longer needed...wrong application!

Very cheap. :mrgreen:

PM me for your best price......I'm not kidding! :rolleyesg