HybridZ

Wideband ... do I need the LC1? or just the Bosch Wideband O2?

proxlamus©

Hey guys..

i was looking at upgrading to wideband, why not... but anyway..

I obviously don't need the LM1 .. the innovate wideband O2 sensor, and controller and datalogging, since Megasquirt allows me to simply "plug" it in, and even data log...

Innovate offers a LC1 - basically the Wideband O2 sensor and some wires? wtf

LC1_with_gauge_large.jpg

Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Lambda Cable (Standalone Wideband Controller)

With LSU4.2 Wideband 02 Sensor

What comes in the box:

· Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Lambda Cable (Wideband Controller)

· Bosch Wideband o2 Sensor

· o2 Sensor bung and plug

· PC interface cable, status indicator etc.

· Installation manual Click here to download the LC-1 users manual

· CD-ROM with software

· Innovate Motorsports Sticker

Do I need the LC1 ?? or can I simply go out and buy a Bosch Wideband O2 sensor for $89??

Innovate offers a LC1 - basically the Wideband O2 sensor and some wires? wtf

That little plastic box at the connector is the wideband controller.

With LC-1 you get wideband controller integrated into the cable and no display unit. With LM-1 you get a display unit, in case you don't have a standalone computer and laptop that gives you a way to log/view you AFRs.

At least that is the way I understand it.

BTW, I will be purchasing an LC-1 next week to use with my newly built MSnS_Extra box. So if you want to see how it works before you buy one let me know. I am tentatively planning on installing the MSnS and LC-1 weekend after next, March 11th.

I too will be curious to know how it turns out since I have that same things. I got my LC-1 last week and it is a nice piece, with most everything you need in the box. One question, which version of MSnS-extra are you guys running?

Guest 73Turbo240z

i'd be interested in hearing how this works out, although i will say that for as simple as the LC1 is, you can do that and more on the LM1, i read up on it finally, it's really neat, standalone box for when you don't have the laptop handy, and it can still output the signal to the MSnS to see it there, and to a narrowband gauge that you can then calibrate to function as a graphical wideband gauge (i.e. a calibrated autometer a/f gauge where it's actually halfway accurate in it's depictions since the LM1 feed's it.)

i'to a narrowband gauge that you can then calibrate to function as a graphical wideband gauge (i.e. a calibrated autometer a/f gauge where it's actually halfway accurate in it's depictions since the LM1 feed's it.)

Are you saying that you can hook an LM1 wideband unit up to a narrow band A/F gauge? I have a narrow band a/f ratio gauge but its hooked up to the stock o2 senors. It sure would be nice if I could hook up that wideband unit to it!

Any info on this would be good!

Guy

Guest 73Turbo240z
Are you saying that you can hook an LM1 wideband unit up to a narrow band A/F gauge? I have a narrow band a/f ratio gauge but its hooked up to the stock o2 senors. It sure would be nice if I could hook up that wideband unit to it!

Any info on this would be good!

Guy

yes, if i read the LM1 manual right, the aux outputs have 3 channels, 1 can feed your ECU with a wideband signal all the time for ultimate accuracy, the next output can feed a narrowband AF gauge that you use LM1 software to calibrate so that it will function as a graphical display of what you set as being lean/stoich/rich in the software, and then the third output i'm still trying to sort out...

basically it's designed to where you could hardwire the LM1 box, stash it in the dash, and assuming your on a standalone setup to where you could access the precise AFR's in numeric form with that, you'd have a completely hidden wideband setup, only give away would be the plug in the engine bay connecting the bosch sensor to the LM1 harness.

whoohoo.. Austin showed me the Summit clearance kit..

$215 for

Standalone Gauge Kit, LC-1 Wideband Controller, XD-1 Programmable White Face Gauge, Bosch 5-wire O2, Bung/Plug

Accurate air/fuel readings you can see from the drivers side.

These Innovate XD-1 programmable digital gauges features programmable LED colors and remote control button to start and stop the Innovate LM-1 log sessions or initiate calibration. They are a mere .750 inches thick, so it's possible to mount even in surface mount configurations. The display features a 3 character central LED display, remote control button, and a programmable digital needle. The body is a billet aluminum bezel.

* Additional Info 46% off, Clearance

* Clearance

o WARNING! Due to extremely limited quantities, some products may no longer be available. A Customer Service representative will contact you if there's a problem.

inn-3767_w.jpg

Soo.. I get a guage too! whoo hoo