HybridZ

Mikelly's Battery Tech

Mike, what guage sheet metal did you use to fix that area in the fender and firewall? Mine is not as bad as yours, but close. I am having the same reaction. Will 18ga be strong enough? Thanks.

18 guage will be perfect.. almost too thick.. Mine was 20 guage and it allowed me to hand form it. I made mine out of three pieces and did a bit of overlap in the contoured areas. Then just work in the body filler in side to smooth the seems!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Thanks Mike. You may have noticed I didn't have a good day today! From the sounds of your fuel press post yours is at least getting better! I've seen a 73'Z, no rust for $1600, and another for $500 recently on this site. I'm half tempted to make a cube out of mine, buy a plane ticket to the southwest and drive back. With my luck, I'd break down in Arkansas!

Well I wouldn't sweat the battery box or any other "Minor" rust you may find. If it is just frame rails and floor pans, basic stuff... keep what you have. But if an A-pilar or firewall is gone.... call SpenceZ and see if he can help!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk