HybridZ

Anyone running Weld Draglite wheels

Guest zfan

I had originally purchased tubes for the rears, but found out at the tire shop that the valve stem holes in the Welds weren't large enough for the stems on the tubes. I didn't really want to drill out the valve stem holes on my wheels, so I've been running without tubes. I haven't had any issues. I know of a few others running the same wheels and tires as I am and they're also not using tubes.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we are running them...

Here is our 240z with Weld Draglite 15x8's with 4.5" backspacing running 235-60 drag radials and 15x5's with 180-60's with stock suspension (altho lowered 1.5" front/back).

Rear fender lips were rolled as the sharp edge could cut into top edge of tire if they hit very hard but suspension is pretty stiff and so far for a couple hundred street miles on the tires all is well. but if the car wasnt lowered it wouldnt be a problem at all.

Last couple pics show the rear suspension in full squat position with 2 250 lbs people sitting on rear hatch opening.

My son might be willing to sell the new rims/tires as the car will be down for a couple years for the V8 transformation. I think $1300 for all 4 wheels/tires was total cost.

PC300124.jpg

PC300122.jpg

PC300119.jpg

PC150097.jpg

PC150095.jpg

PC150096.jpg

No spacers at all. I dont think it did, but maybe when the rear disc conversion was done it moved the rotor surface a tad further out than the drum setup thats why we have a little more clearance than some people with same stock spring perches?

P5030013.jpg

P5030011.jpg

They do clear 240sx MM setup for the back...I had not fitted one on the front but I'm 99% sure they will..I have toy s12w front calipers, I will post tommorow...I placed a 14in stock style wheel on my car for Steveosupremeo yeasterday and it cleared...He just wanted to make sure before he made the swap.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, it took so long to get back on this but I checked the clearance on the s12w caliper upgrade, and the draglites hit....But I think if you used the calipers without the fins (s12-8) or grinded off the fins it would still work...The back of the rim is very flat...Sorry about that 99% thing...I was looking for the lip area to hit on the 14in...but on the weld the backspace area hits...my bad

EDIT... It appears they will fit, although very..very close with a 1/4in spacer...I cant tell for sure till I get a few lug nuts to hold it on....I'll post when sure of the fit