HybridZ

Ok guys got the ZG flares painted and taped on

wigenOut-S30

Guest JAMIE T

I have two sets of ZG flares. One set is flat black, and the other set is gunmetal. The flat black owns the gunmetal any day of the week. I'm actually going to paint the gunmetal set body color when that time comes and try both, the body color and flat black to see which ones look best on MY car. I think it's a good way to go considering how cheap they are and easily you'd be able to sell the set you don't use. I need to dig up pics of my old gold car with the flat black spoiler, air dam, strip along the bottom, and ZG flares. Exactly like Davy Z said. Before I retired it, I had put on polished J-Spec fender mirrors and fairlady Z front grill. I loved the look, too bad the car was rusted out.

I agree with others that the white line is throwing off the look. I would lower the car about and inch and install the flares as is. dont paint them or the wheels YET. once you get it a tad lower and permanently installed I think the look will come together nicely.

Wheels aren't wide enought need 8.5 front and 9 or even 9.5 in the rear also will look better lowered an inch and a half. I do like the wheels and dont even mind the color with the zg's but when you get the paint and body work done either paint the flares and car the same color or paint everything car color and the flares to match the wheels.

Nice Hoshinos G5's. Hoover, where did you get those?

I've had them for quite some time.

I have two 15 x7 in my shop as well.

I found them on Ebay about 3 years ago.

A few weeks ago, a set showed up in a local listing, but I missed the chance to buy them.

There are good and bad about the tire sizes as you don't have many choices in tires that will "stretch" over the width. The makes for a nice smooth ride but horrible, absolutely horrible handling.

I was gonna say put a half inch spacer (if you had the longer studs) to bring out the rim a little and it would look beefier. Thats the problem I have with the Orange Z but cant bring it out anymore due to the metal over fender welded in....:evil:

Terry

im getting mine next week, will paint them flat black, what do you guys think? The body will stay same color

I think you need wider tires/wheels

I had centerline make mine 17x9.5 with 275 in the rear and 255 in the front, the fronts dont stick out much, the rears about 1.5"

Crossing my fingers, hope it looks good, better yet, hope the rear zg flare will swallow that tire sticking out currently, will have to cut the fender to allow clearence under compression

IMG_1887.jpg

723df9c1.jpg

2f9a8ae8.jpg

btw those are centerline big sur's, 17x9.5 all around

Gabe im Green with envy (no pun intended) those flares look hot on the green with bronze, but i think you should lower it a lil more so you dont get that stock 70s big wheel well small wheels look. Other than that i think its awsome

EDIT: gabe do you have spacers on the hubs seems like they stick out farther than mine?