HybridZ

What head would be the best.....

phantaz

man... i didnt even think about the oiling holes not going all the way through.. pretty sure my Dads is an external though.. but mine is a msa internally oiled.. hmmm makes me want to check it out..=)

jeez that seems like some serious quality control issues for something like that.

Well for now im staying FI until i can get my uncles Trips he has sitting on a shelf.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't even check the holes in the cam. at this point it's too far gone to even worry about in the first place.

if you're going to stay efi, invest in a megasquirt, and some other stuff to go along with it. im actually happy i went back to su's putting down almost 200 rwhp on stock carbs, head and intake manifolds. vs the poeple who struggle to put down 160 with head work, ported manifolds, tb, and other things on efi stuff. then again, thats my opinion, i could be wrong. keep in mind im runnin a 3.1 not a stock bore car.

it's purely up to you. but the stock efi is good for stock cars

Stock Datsun EFI sucks big time. Worst part is when you get the neo-purists saying that EFI rules and carbs sucks, and they're talking about 1978 Datsun EFI. Some people's children!

LOL ive never run into such a frustrating FI system as this thing.. so little you can actually do and when you do ask ...first response is megasquirt or some other fuel managment system =) doesnt speak well for the stock system does it lol

mine is fairly quick, once i put a cam in it.. but FI cam profiles from MSA are pretty tame compared to carbed or aftermarket EFI systems can use.

guess about the only rodding you can do is tweak the flapper door tighter and coil/wires. ive heard of going to turbo injectors once that was done but all they ever did was flood my car so i sold them pretty quick. aw well

at least it starts in the cold =)

oh yea... megasquirt definatly seems to be the way to go.... need to dust off the old computer skills first though lol.

Silent you ever get down to Tulsa for any of the Z meets??

Paul Thnx for all the info and the Head pics you have in the P forum is ummm

DEDSEXY lol

oh yea... megasquirt definatly seems to be the way to go.... need to dust off the old computer skills first though lol.

Silent you ever get down to Tulsa for any of the Z meets??

Paul Thnx for all the info and the Head pics you have in the P forum is ummm

DEDSEXY lol

im sure i could get down there, but i doubt id be bringing my z. i was supposed to go to branson z fest this weekend but have to work, so that kills those plans.

yeah.. wasnt sure if you had another z or a second engnie in yours while your head was getting done.

i think im going this next meet for the z club but from what i hear they are all restoration z'ers. i dont think im going to fit in but at least i can look at sime seriously nice z's =)

yeah.. wasnt sure if you had another z or a second engnie in yours while your head was getting done.

i think im going this next meet for the z club but from what i hear they are all restoration z'ers. i dont think im going to fit in but at least i can look at sime seriously nice z's =)

i dont have a second z, well thats running at least. as far as me makin it down there, it's just a case of money for gas in my pathfinder