HybridZ

Have cam ? Help!!

RA64

I have a ? about the cam I can run in my E88 head.

the way the cam is set up now is it has an oiling rail that is worped

an the ends are loose. there is a 280z at the junk yard with n42 head

with a good cam, but the cam has no oiling rail an oils from the inside

Now Im not + that I can run this cam and use block off plates.

Is there a better stock cam setup that I can run in my stock 2.4 with E88?

user_online.gif

The spraybar is the better oiling system, when the spraybar isn't falling apart. PM Matman, he has 4 or 5 good spraybars in his stash. You could run the N42 cam, but you'd need to swap in the N42 cam towers.

What does "I'm not + that I can run this cam" mean?

i think it translates to "i'm not positive i can run this cam."

edit: would it be wise to switch my internally oiled n42 cam for an externaly oiled one, when I upgrade cams, or should i just regrind an n42 and keep the internal oiling?

:lol: Yes, you can use the cam in your current head. You can use it with or without the spray bar. But, I would recommend the spray bar. But also, If you do use it, do not plug the cam to be used only as a side oiler. Use them both, spray bar and cam oiler. I use this system on a E-31 head with a 3/4 cam, a high pressure pump (90 lbs) and haven't had a problem with it yet. I do both Solo II and road race with the car. If you take the cam out of the N-42 head and use it in the other head. Make sure you take the rocker arms with the cam. Make sure to number each with a marking pen and put them back in the same slots. Each cam has a wear pattern and will wipe out rocker arms and the cam lobes, if not put back in to the same slots. How you go, is up to you. Good Luck with the cam, Rich.:icon32: