HybridZ

SR20DET 240sx went 9.97 @ 146

Z-Gad

all i found was this. and the pics on this page lead me to believe it is a stock diff with the upgraded axles.

Car Specs

Vehicle Information

1995 Nissan 240sx

NHRA Sport RWD

NDRA Turbo Street

Estimated 2600 Pounds with driver

Driver: Mark Mazurowski

Engine Specs

Bore / Stroke - 86.5mm x 86mm

Pistons / Compression - CP Pistons, 9.0:1 compression Connecting Rods / Crank - Aluminum Rods / stock crank Block Mods - Golden Eagle Sleeves Machine Work - Golden Eagle Manufacturing Camshafts - Jim Wolf 282 Valvetrain - Supertech Dual Valves Springs, titanium retainers and stainless valves Intake Manifold - Mazworx Custom Injectors - Sieman 1600cc Fuel Delivery - Weldon 2015 pump, Aeromotive FPR, Mazworx Fuel Rail, Mazworx AN Fittings Engine Management - Motec M880 Ignition - Motec CDI Turbocharger - Greddy T88 Exhaust Manifold - Greddy Wastegate - Greddy Type R Exhaust system - custom 3" downpipe with custom 4" aluminum exhaust

Intercooler- Greddy 3 Row Core, Custom 3" Intercooler Piping by Mazworx, Mazworx Silicone Cooling - Koyo aluminum radiator

Chassis/Driveline

Front Suspension - HKS HiperMax Drag

Rear Suspension - HKS HiperMax Drag

Transmission - VG30, Nissan 300zx with Mazworx Adapter Plate Kit Gearing - OEM Nissan Clutch - Tilton twin disc ceramic with hydraulic release bearing Differential - Kaaz LSD Axles - Driveshaft Shop Motor Mounts - Mazworx Custom Solid

Anyone have a 240 for sale:trippen:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did see it on ESPN Yesterday. The Car launched but didnt launch Clean and Every Shift the Car Nosed Over and Bucked. Wasnt really a clean pass.

The girls pass was just clean. Front End Never Came Down just rockin it all the way down the track.

I did see it on ESPN Yesterday. The Car launched but didnt launch Clean and Every Shift the Car Nosed Over and Bucked. Wasnt really a clean pass.

The girls pass was just clean. Front End Never Came Down just rockin it all the way down the track.

Yup, that's the difference between running a manual and an automatic behind a big HP turbo engine.

The WRX is automatic and AWD. They do allow AWD in the Sport RWD class but not sure if there is a weight penalty. There is for running the automatic but it hardly hurts the performance.

Guest ON3GO

The rear end has 300zx Z32 cv's which Mark said are beyond awesome!

trying to get a set made up for our Z's.

the tranny is 100% stock, its a junkyard unit like we had in the P!*KS car :D.

he said with a auto it would be alot faster but he likes having the manual in the car and plus he is now selling the Z32 tranny adapter/bellhousing for the SR's and now L Block so he doesnt want to switch trannys just yet.

btw guys... Mark is a super nice guy!

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, that car made over 100 passes, too. (without a rebuild)

Some people never knew that SR powered cars have been running sub-10 seconds for years. There are a bunch of them in Japan in the nines.

• 1 month later...

How about nearly a 1000rwhp sr20det!!

mazworx1000hp_1_.jpg

The pull was done in 4th gear and the rpm pickup was not functioning properly, so it is in MPH instead. Mark said that he let out around 8500 rpm's, but the engine will turn 10,000 rpm's!! If you can't make it out, it is actually 998 whp!! The car has only been running for a few months, and is still getting sorted out. I wonder what kind of 1/4 mile numbers we'll see when they are in Vegas next weekend!! Should be interesting...

Scottie, I talked with Mark . . . the previous best for the car was 9.28. At Bradenton the car ran no nitrous and a bit less boost than the 998whp run.

and the car made 4 9.2 passes in a row! So the car is looking good for the weekend where I KNOW he'll be turning up the wick!