HybridZ

Pics of custom TT cage

bjhines

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first event was scrubbed early due to an oil leak and a small fire. The second event went much better with the car handling very well, but definitely a handfull. I have a complete track toy that is working as expected with some more development in the works soon.

2.5 neg rear-camber, 2.7 neg front camber. ~Relatively soft springs with big sway-bars. It has fantastic grip and lets me put power down early in the turn.

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

IMAG0533.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

IMAG0417.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0536.jpg

I'm curious, did you leave your R200 unpainted because you don't expect it to last long? Every other part of the car is finished to the max, so I really noticed that the diff case is not. Expecting failure? Studying these pictures, hard, there is a lot to learn from them.

The fender vents are from a late 1970s Pontiac Trans Am. There were a few different types of vents, these were the most functional of the various designs.

I certainly hope the differential lasts a long time. It is BRAND NEW with factory paint and a little surface rust. It is a VERY sophisticated LOM-59 NISMO 2-way CLSD with 12 disks, low ramp angles, and low breakaway torque with strong lockup. It is plumbed for an external cooler with front top return and an extra 1.5qts capacity in the cooler, filter, and lines. I have a temp gauge for the diff and it never gets above 250f.