HybridZ

Olderthanme's early 260 worklog(run 56k!!!)

OlderThanMe

It used to be an SBC or BBC...it has a chevy logo on the side.

It is now empty.

and yes...my own wangan find...it is too far gone though...I think the frame rails are basically gone...good thing that fiberglass does not rust.

you should feel privlidged... you are the only other person that knows where it is.

I found it like 3 years ago...right after I bought my Z and was thinking about getting it running.

Today my neighbor started his SBC Z up for the first time in like a year...that thing sounds NASTY!!! it is mostly stock motor though and FOR SALE!!! It is 1992 miata blue...and still looking good!

I can't believe it's still there after three years...they must not move too many cars from that junkyard. Every time I find something cool in the junkyard, i never have the time/money to do anything with it, and when I go back, it's always gone or stripped...I just stopped going to window shop. Now I can't find anything I want...

Well the windshield is busted...but still in place. That is about it. I saw it a few months ago but haven't been back since. It is like 3 hours from me.

Veritech: Yeah the local Z junkyard had a green, late 74 260 that I got a gas cap and gas door from but last time I was there it was gone. They have a couple 240s that are in the far back that look like they have been there for 20 years. They move through cars pretty quickly. This junkyard goes through much fewer cars.

Yeah, me and OTM got some history...this secret information is like taco, and burrito, but nachos! (get it? OTM is the taco, I'm the burrito, and the secret info is nachos=not yours....sigh....once again my humor goes un-appreciated...I need some new material...that was SO funny in like 5th grade) I just wish it was closer to me, or that somebody would buy it, and be willing to ship me just the one part I need on the off chance that other people would buy the rest and recoup the investment...or maybe just see if the guy would be willing to part the car out, and be johnny on the spot for those less fortunate who aren't able to wrench on it themselves...I'd be much more inclined to buy the whole kit if it didn't require the installation (and purchase) of steamroller wheels and tires.

I don't really want or need the kit...I'll never have a Z that will need that much tire. If I do I'll make a better looking kit. If someone really wants to go buy it maybe a little donation to the "OTM is broke as a joke" fund would be nice for the privledged info...

The chassis needs scrapping but all the body panels look in good condition and straight. If anyone wants some louvers..they could be shipped. They would go really well with that 80's air dam...

You don't want the kit, but you do want all the hot suspension parts...Seeya wants the kit, and I want the fascia. And I still want Seeya's whale tail, but that's neither here nor there. I propose THIS fabulous course of action: OTM, you're the closest, since me and Seeya are both here in Tampa, almost 500miles away, so you should call the guy and find out what it would take to get him out of the car. Then you should relay that information to us, and then amongst ourselves we can figure out how much it would take from each of us to compensate you for both parts and labor. Do you concur?