HybridZ

Olderthanme's early 260 worklog(run 56k!!!)

OlderThanMe

b33893639.jpg

it looks nice and dark in this pic...

b33893644.jpg

my suspension stuff

b33893650.jpg

my perfect rear window...and my mountain bike on the ceiling...

b33878636.jpg

look where I was on Saturday!

I drove my Z like in the condition of the 6th picture for like 8k miles...and I barely made enough $$$ to pay for gas...

I just bought like $800 in suspension stuff in this rebuild plus the Polyurethane I bought back in the fall.

I am driving this FORD Exploder every day and it gets like 13-15 MPG... My Z was getting 15 right before I put it on jackstands...and that was not granny-driving...the exploder I have to granny drive or else I will burn $50 in gas in 225 miles...If I drive it slow I get 300 miles...

oh... I forgot to tell y'all about what was under the bondo...

m33938029.jpg

there was no metal under the bondo...this is on the drivers side front fender...should be easy to fix. I am guessing that some of the curb damage was the start of that. oh well. My front fenders are garbage anyway...

ok so my Illuminas are arriving this coming monday. That means I can't put my suspension back in but I can put the diff back in. And put a lot of stuff back together. I now need a new clutch to go in before ZdayZ. I may need some help as I have never done a clutch before. I am thinking of just getting the ACT pressure plate and a stock clutch disc.

This means I need to pull the tranny AGAIN...oh well.

Maybe I can have some friends help me out.

I am now looking at getting my new clutch worked out. I am looking at the ACT Extreme or heavy duty pressure plate in combination with a street non-puck disc. I am making a trip to a Nissan dealership to get new Balljoints and rod ends so I will get a new throwout bearing as well.

ok here is a few pictures.

m27829086.jpg

this was my FIRST attempt at rolling paint. way too thick and it never flattened out.

m28365534.jpg

here is a later attempt but I had the garage door open so bugs and dirt got in it. This is over paint instead of bare metal.

m26804383.jpg

at least it looks better than the paint on this truck...

m12058085.jpg

at first you think it looks like the MSA header but the pipes are much longer than the MSA ones. and the two outputs are staggered about 6 inches. And the hot air intake tube is in the wrong place.

m34329508.jpg

here is my dash right after I bent it. You can see how the left half is off because I did not measure correctly before I bent but it can be fixed. The right side is perfect.

m34329518.jpg

here is a side view with the top flat. I just need to trim the bottom side and it should be ready to go in.

My Illuminas get here tomorrow and my Spec stage 2+ clutch and Spec aluminium flywheel come this weekend. I am so excited about this stuff coming so now I just need to have some friends come over to help me put it all back togehter. I CAN do it by myself but it won't be much fun.

w34722497.jpg

you can see where the jamacians (jamican food store) next door where I work (mom-n-pop type pizza place) left bashes in my fender 2in. and 10in. from the door right below the side crease about 4-6in. They don't really care about other's cars. Other workers have had the same J-rash as me...

making progress

w34722495.jpg

here is the paint when it is still wet after the second coat. I just started painting over black cause I did not want to deal with pulling off the black rustoleum. I am still going to pull off all of the original paint and bondo.

w34722483.jpg

here it is...in it's entireity(is that even a word?)...well the suspension is to the left and the axles and sway bar are to the right and most of the wheels are stacked out of the picture.

just got my illuminas and dry assembled the left rear suspension.

w34890312.jpg

on the living room floor...

w34890305.jpg

dry mocked up

w34890293.jpg

the nut is hand tightened without the spacer. I am going to slap some of my rustoleum on the bare metal places...

w34890288.jpg

the top hat is a bit loose but I think it will be fine sitting inside the top hat that will center it.

I basically did what was in Brian's garage with this sorta cheapo coilover setup. But if it works! I am pleased...

Cool vid! No offense to your previous picture taking, but it looks like if you adjust some of the settings on your digital camera you may be able to get higher quality photos out of it, judging from the quality of the video.

I don't think your pictures do the paintjob justice after seeing the video :P

I know I can because my camera is a 5 megapixel camera and if I posted full resolution pictures DSL would have a hard time loading it. I downgrade every picture's resolution as well as size. I am still figuring out this camera since I just got it at christmas...and it has soo many options but it is the size of a credit card and half an inch thick. Plus my garage makes it hard to take pictures with the door closed during the day.

The video was brightened a significant amount in editing even though I had every light in the garage on.

I'll post a good pic I took this morning with my camera. I am uploading it now. this is the 56k killer...full size...and not even the full resolution of my camera... this is one of the rose bushes my grandmother gave me when she went to an assisted living place.

w34950749.jpg