HybridZ

Olderthanme's early 260 worklog(run 56k!!!)

OlderThanMe

THE UPS GUY JUST GOT HERE!!!!!!!

HE wasn't supposed to come back until Saturday!!!!!!

w34969009.jpg

everything!!! Aluminium flywheel, Stage 2+ pressure plate and full disc, new T/O bearing, and alignment tool!!!!!!all for $780 or so...a little pricey...but not bad

I have soo wanted my Z to be a rally car one day...I think I am going to keep the stock springs and modify the lower stock perches so that they will fit on the coilover perches. just so I have a set of long soft springs. I kept the upper mount so I would just have to modify the lowers that I carefully cut off right above the weld.

I have the same airdam - like you say, it's very flexible : )

However, I think some previous idiot owner used a saw to cut away

the turn indicator mounts. Do you think you could manage removing

one of your indicators and snapping a picture of what it looks like?

ok so last night I removed the transmission(again) popped the old clutch off, took the flywheel off(some of it's bolts were loose) and installed the spec light weight 11 pound flywheel. The clutch install went pretty easily. Then, balancing the transmission on a regular jackstand lifted it back into the car around my very badly placed exhaust. This was my first time working on a clutch so I think it went good. The old oem clutch was all scarred up and the flywheel has lots of surface cracks in it and some small hot spots but not bad. The pressure plate had some hot spots and surface cracks on it

214036.jpg

my other uploading site is down right now so I'll use dropshots for this one.

w35562587.jpg

the old clutch disc...

w35562591.jpg

the scorched pressure plate

w35562607.jpg

here is the kicker on my mystery header...I haven't seen one that makes such an abrupt turn from vertical to horizontal. it has realy good clearance and I haven't scraped it...I have scraped the not so well done y-pipe...

w35562599.jpg

another shot...you can see the small leak down there by the y-pipe

w35563710.jpg

here is my Z's cousin...built by Eddie Radatz...He did the interior on my car back in the early 90's...back when I started playing with legos...(notice the bottom of the front air dam...seem familiar jmortenson?)

w35563725.jpg

I could so see myself ripping down dirt roads...just need to modify the stock lower spring perches to fit over the coilover collars...stiff coils for the street and then stock ones to go rally racing. There is just not enough rally racing around here...just a lot of 4x4s and riced wrx's...

Cool stuff, man. Keep up the good work.

I thought about rallying my car for a while.. then quickly changed my mind back to just drag racing.

I plan to own a WRX one of these days... and will rally that.

well I am building it now to be a street car but I am keeping the stock springs if I ever do rally it. My new spring rates are 225Lb/in on the front and 250Lb/in rear. Really stiff and would kill my car on a rally. The stock 110lb/in. is a bit better.