HybridZ

Olderthanme's early 260 worklog(run 56k!!!)

OlderThanMe

here is my deliemma...I have to get the suspension back in my car...I know my balljoints are getting bad and so are the tie-rod ends...I have almost no money and need to save every penny I have just to drive upto ZdayZ...do I go ahead and buy new ones from Nissan or just wait until after Zdayz to put in the new stuff and get some bump steer spacers at the same time? I am inclined to wait and deal with the steering wheel wiggle for a while.

I am replacing as many of the rear control arm bushings as possible tonight by myself and may attempt the fronts. I can get the rear suspension back together tonight if I work hard. Would it be easire to put the axles in first and then put the rest in or put the control arms in and then worry about the axles? I don't have any help tonight so I am doing it alone. What fun!

I have a really old one on VHS...it would be too hard to get it onto the web though...I will have plenty of video from ZdayZ next weekend though...my motor runs soo much better now than back then. I had it soo rich it wasn't even funny.

How about this: I'l put a video up as soon as it gets back on the road before ZdayZ...

I used to live in the middle of what was becoming a new housing development. Once I discovered that the security guys couldn't really do anything to me, I terrorized the dirt roads in my 280. It was hell on the car though- stock suspension, 40 series tires on 15s (long story) and a surface that changed on a daily basis. Made for some good blogging though.

that is cool...I just stopped working on my car to get something to eat. In 4 hours I have 90% of the suspension installed and just got the axles in...changed control arm bushings, trimmed inner fender with dremel and cut off wheels...Next is the driveshaft. Remember this is all on my lonesome with the jack...

boy was I tired. I did not get the driveshaft back in but I got the front left caliper back on. Tonight I am going to have it back on the ground and try to see if it will crank after 2 months of sitting. I hope the gas is still good after sitting that long. It smells fine out of the gas filler neck though.

I am going to have the front so low compared to what it was. it looks so funny with my old rims on there or with the stock 175/15 spare...the spare is like 2 inches shorter than the new ones. Well I am going to go get some lunch. I noticed how much more room the coilovers give with my 15x8 4 in backspace diamonds. I could use 5 in of backspace easily and run wider tires. I think I am going to get some 195/50r15 BFG radial T/As...they are ony $100 each.

I just took the first drive in my z in 2 months!!! as you recall it was in shambles 3 days ago...got the suspension back together and just drove it.

the clutch is different than the other one and is really good. I could notice the dramatic change from the 11 pound flywheel. I had the Illuminas set on 5 just to see what it was like and it was like riding on rails! I am going to notch the fronts down to 4 and the rears to 3 tomorrow. I am going to lower the rear just a little more than it is now. I don't want to risk anything until after ZdayZ when I can afford new balljoints and bump stops. I took a video of the Z running and will upload it later. WOOT!!!

Yeah, I put the illuminas on 5 when I wasn't daily driving my Z. Now I put them on 3 to take it easy on my bones/teeth/back when going over bumps.

3 is nice, 5 is sweet. But 5 is little abusive.

Guest 69R2Kfairlady

lol, i feel bad for your fenders.... sounds badd! I should try to get a vid of my roadster w/o exhaust and SU carbs, its a beast...lol. Good luck on that drive tonight!