HybridZ

PICS Got the 240zt on the road

280zNHChris

Yup it is his old car. The person who did the swap only tack welded in pieces of metal all around the shifter tunnel and never finished welding, had to form the metal around the housing. Rebuilt the left rear caliper(79-81) and new rear brake lines and pads. The gas breather tube was broken/disconnected behind the passenger panels and fixed that so after a cruise everything is not shades of orange and purple. Fixed the cold air intake with a mandrel bent tube and fixed some exhaust leaks before the turbo. Put a new wiper motor and fluid tank/motor so I could pass inspection. Boost gauge installed. Fixed a fuel leak at the tank output nipple.(J/B Weld rules!)( I hate draing tanks). Put in body drain plugs and filled all holes in floor. Fixed fuel pump to work on ignition not a seperate switch. New shifter rubber boots, window crank, euchlons(sp?) and resprayed floor, all new vacuum lines, belts, tune -up, etc..And some miscellanious stuff. It runs great and is much faster than my 280. It's got the 60mm throttle body, no emissions, 77 electronics and dash, and 81 turbo motor with 81 5-spd. The wheels are Konig Rewinds Graphite 15x7 with BF Goodrich G-Force Sports 225/50/15 .

I've just got to figure out why my drivers front directional doesnt work but the running light works and it isn't the bulb I've tried 4. I use a multimeter and I can see it jumping like the socket is working but the bulb won't flash in blinker/hazard mode? That and the drivers siderail on the seat is broken so it goes back. 2 problems and I should be good to go.

Chris

Guest BiltWel

Chris I had to rebuild the switch in my 73 the contacts are a bit touchy in them. mine did the same thing would come on but not blink but mine would blink in hazard mode but I think your year model has diff setup my hazzards bypass the collum switch is the only reason they worked before cleaning the switch up.

By the way the car looks sweet!! Shoot me some luck I hope to post some outside pics of mine next week. Hopefully doin a burnout!!

• 2 weeks later...