HybridZ

Some Z's headed for the crusher...

Cruez

Hey guys,

I am going by a junkyard (hopefully this weekend) that is full of 1st gen Z's here in North Carolina ... I talked with him last night about a few parts and he notified me that he was taking quite a few to the crusher...

While I was there, I thought that if there is anything anyone would like for me to keep my eyes open for, I could pick it up...

I would hate to have some parts gone forever without having a chance to be used..

are there any ZXs? if there is I am looking for the Borg Warner 81-83 5 speed and driveshaft from a 280zxt. Can't think of any S30 parts that I ned right now except well maybe a metal drivers side headlight bucket. And if they have some headlight covers...well that is not likely.

I have a 260Z 4 speed with 6 BRAND NEW roll pins. The synchros are good too. I removed the gearbox from the bellhousing and replaced all of the roll pins and inspected everything else. It needs a new main input bearing which I have and will be included with the tranny. I just could not remove the bearing with my small amount of tools. A professional shop could do it no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Little behind.... but there is some stuff still left... but you would have to go over it pretty good to be sure that its still a good part...

Bumpers.... not likely..

Door.... maybe

I only got a few interior pieces that were good..

most of the consoles were gone or cracked...