HybridZ

dUAl carbs converstion

crazyFaizy

heey hows it going good people of nissan,,:-| ...i`m new and this i ma first ost so..i`ll just stick with the subject,,i`m planing to do a dual carb converstion on a stock nissan V6 cedric,,the intake type is carb...and i`m trying to weld up tow carbs from the same kind and supply them with two independed fuel line ..aandaaaa..ma qustoin is ,,,IS this possible..or would that be too much fuel,,or what ever you guys can tell me about well help,,so HELP ME COMRADES.lol:o

another suggestion is to swap a 650cfm holley carb on the stock intak

and if it work then i might consedr to custom a turbo kit for it...after using custom made forged internals

car : nissan cedric 1987

oh and the engine code is :VG30e (v6.,2960cc,OHC)

if you're planning on going with a turbo setup down the road, i'd actually stick with the fuel injection setup. its just much easier to do a turbo setup with fuel injection that it is a carb. maybe if you were doing a roots or screws supercharger and mounted the carb(s) on top of that it wouldn't be bad but it would likely end up being a major headache doing a turbo setup with a carb.

i know its been done and such but it'll probably be more work than its worth.

hmmmmmmm.....yeah i geuss your right,but the thing is i dont like to injectors at all,,and the ecu tune,,casue i never tried it before,,and seems hard to set but,,according to my info,,i think if add a carb or instead use a big one then we dont have to play with all those tings.right..? , pluse it woudt pass the regions regulations,,,thats in uae and kuwait,,as long they see carbs and paint the whole stuff in black to look inocent that and less perforemance parts and wires can be shown in engine compartment...,,they wont say a word....i now its funny but it works,,pluse woudnt it be fun to use carbs for the jop..?..lol

but thanks for the advice you were the first to replay me there for i realy apprecait it,,thanks...

okay suppose i do use fuel injectio,,do i only need to swap the intake..? or are there other things i have to do in mine like the internals..? to turn it to a vg30et..?..yep yep yep,,now thast a good qustions,,,

You will need exhaust manifold(s), turbo ECU. The stock internals will take about 400-500whp before having a problem. As long as the engine is in good condition and well taken care of. Is the cedric RWD? If so you may only need the left side manifold(drivers side in USA). Here is more details about a turbo swapped VG30E. http://www.redz31.com/pages/turbo.html

• 5 months later...

just incase,,is it possible to to extract 500hp from da VG30 i have.?not to mention mine is a 2 cam oer cylnder (gulf spec engine) ,again its a nissan cedric 1988 wagon...and its automatice..so i dont know how much the auto tranny can take abuse and ,,it has the milage gauge shows 400 000 miles on it,,now thats an achievment for a car that runs constantly in a weather like 55 c ,,lol ya guys dont have no idea hot it is here in UAE ANd kuwait its kila,,and da AC still workes (hitachi,lol) thats why its da only engine is worth spending on as a performance engine casue da camros and mustangs here die young not that because there not the same quality as da japanes but the morons here arent that good(turn car swich now ask qustions later),,somthing like that not to mention the kilaa weather that forces ya to regualry maintain your car is on da side walk..(dies)..

what kinda bothers me is that tubocharging an engine generaly produces more heat so,,i dont know about im gona give it a try :

HERE is da combination im having in mind

since i have a TBI style then ill swap a holly carb ..i think 650cfm holley carb should be okay casue iv seen 750cfm on a VW 1700cc engines so is aiiyt,i think,,lol...:roll: then do the ama try to run the car to see if it works ofcourse before going further,,,then if things are okay il ship it to UAE (sharjah arae where there is performance shop to build up a 30 PSI singel turbo set up..and with luck and nice budget i may be able to pul it off,,,wish me luck).....

2 two barrel carbs would work fine. Would just require you to know how to tune the carbs. 650cfm carb, same answer as the two carb question.

Got any extra intake manifolds around? I sure do need one. Plus one of those vacuum advance distributors you got there.

yeah ive asked about that around in da net (tuning the orginal carb)..and currently getting the information about it and as for the intake manifold why shocks,,we have alot of it here in UAe and kuwait all it takes is to go to a junk yard (mostly kuwait) and it cost like : ill pay just to take it out of ma site,,LOL hehehe naah im joking it cost like 10 t 15 kd (30 to 45 dalors)..and swaping another carb isnt that hard to the intake , as all ya need is to change iz da mounting plate,,well okay ya defintly needa new fuel line and other stuff,,,but hey i looove carbs....:mrgreen: