HybridZ

LS Alternator Only Mounting

Anyone know a clean way to mount just an alternator and mechanical water pump on an LSX series motor? Want to get rid of the power steering pump, and wouldn't mind deleting one or more of the idlers in the process.

Have been searching both hear and on LS1TECH.com but can't seem to find what I want. Do the serpentine belts come in different lengths? Anyone know a source for info on belt lengths?

Everything you want to know is right here : http://www.kwikperf.com/

I purchased both their alternator mount and a/c mount for my truck engine. The parts look very good. The price is right.

g

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Everything you want to know is right here : http://www.kwikperf.com/

I purchased both their alternator mount and a/c mount for my truck engine. The parts look very good. The price is right.

g

Have you installed these on your motor in your Z yet?

I looked at these brackets, but worried they won't work because it says it puts the alternator in the Corvette location. Several guys here on Hybridz have said that Corette position wouldn't work because of the alternator running into the driver side strut tower.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

I looked at these brackets, but worried they won't work because it says it puts the alternator in the Corvette location. Several guys here on Hybridz have said that Corette position wouldn't work because of the alternator running into the driver side strut tower.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks!!

Yeah, just check out their street rod set up. Will put the alternator in the truck position.

• 4 weeks later...

Thoughts on this?

Thanks!!

It appears close. I've mounted it up on my engine (on the ground in front of my chassis) and will remount the engine in another week or so. I'll know for sure then.

g

• 7 months later...