HybridZ

DYNO #'s. (large picture, dial up beware)

blake culp

I finally made it to they dyno, Im not really sure how i feel about my numbers. Guess they are pretty good for 11psi. This is my first time to ever dyno any car, pretty sure there is more power to be had. Let me know what you think. Also my first time to post an image, hope it works.

blakedyno2kz.jpg

I would say those are pretty damn good! stock is what, 150rwhp @ 6psi? so, you gained about 110rwhp by jumping 5psi! with all the other supporting mods, of course.....

and I like your A/F curves! most people go super rich, but you kept it right in the 12's for most of the powerband! didnt get pig rich until the end.

great numbers! excellent set-up!

After talking to the dyno operator we both agreed that by richening the 2500-3500 rpm range to high 12's the torque curve would rise sooner and make more of a balloon shape rather than the convex shape that it is at now, more power under the curve of course means a faster car. So im thinking there is quite a bit of power i can squeeze out there. You all agree? I dataloged all the runs in megatune, so im going to print those off and compare both my dyno graph with the datalog to hopefully squeeze all the powere out of it i can.

makes sense. what RPM do you start boosting at?

I didnt really notice the 15:1 at the beginning of the HP curve. kinda hard to read sideways, lol! yeah, richening that up would probably help.

A lot of dyno charts I see have the A/F somehwere in the high 10's low 11's, that is just overkill, imho.

After looking at my datalogs, the kpa is reading 179-181. which, by my calculation is 11.6-11.8psi. My guage must be off, Guess my actuall pressure is closer to 12psi. My initial goal when doing this build was to get 325 to the wheels, i think with some more tuning and more boost ill get there.

A lot of dyno charts I see have the A/F somehwere in the high 10's low 11's, that is just overkill, imho

I have read articales that say any thing richer than 12:1 doesn't help anymore in preventing detonation anyway, I dunno, but I'm not going to run any richer than 11.8 on anything I do in the future.

I did tune it a little, you can see on the third run the i tried to richen up the low end a bit. But really, it was my first time ever to a dyno and i had no idea what to do. Next time i go back ill be more prepaird.

Im heading to the track on the 19th, ill scan and post my results from that too.

Sounds good Len, a bunch of friends are meeting me there with some pretty stout cars. A new gto and i think a 96 cobra, both on the spray, and a stock ls1 firehawk. Sure would be nice to have another z there.

BJ- im working on doing just that, it seems like my lc1 is giving me some funny readings and i want to get it straightened out before i start messing around too much.