HybridZ

SR20DET v. T88 Vette

No good story here. I thought my SR20DET powered 280Z was fast. I saw my friends LS1 408 stroker C6 vette with a front mounted T88 and water injection. It seemed like it might be faster. He claimed the dyno cut out at 1340 whp. It has a lopey cam but could be daily driven. Although, I don't think the Mickey's would do too well in the rain.

Wow, that T88 is a BIG turbo.

My friend has one he plans to run on his 3-rotor RX7. (to oblivion RPM, I suppose) He let me hold the turbo, and I was in awe.

Yeah, you can't be the fastest guy out there. There's always somebody faster.

yeah but that thing doesnt get shi$t for fuel milage and im sure has to use spendy fuel, id rather have my sr20det 240z tuned to the beat of 400 ponies, be a classic, not have to worry about emissions, get good fuel milage, be trackable, streetable, AND commutable. and cheaper lol

yeah but that thing doesnt get shi$t for fuel milage and im sure has to use spendy fuel, id rather have my sr20det 240z tuned to the beat of 400 ponies, be a classic, not have to worry about emissions, get good fuel milage, be trackable, streetable, AND commutable. and cheaper lol

actually, the LS2 gets aound 25 mpg. Driving out of boost, his would except for the cams, bored engine, etc. I will have to ask him what kind of mileage he gets.

I imagine the engine work done would reduce mileage a lot, but like you said... driving out of boost, you can keep mileage up.

Horespower takes fuel to make. Even a 400hp SR20DET is using a buttload of fuel while boosting. The fuel saved is only saved when you're not boosting. The trick is to drive daily without mashing the gas pedal. (good luck on that one, its tough to stay out of the throttle)

I found with my last build that after upgrading to a huge turbo setup, my mileage went way up! The reason for this? Well... when you spool 20psi on T04S, you find yourself rocketing down the street at a ridiculous rate. This becomes extremely dangerous, and therefore you stop doing it.

I found that I would drive to and from work daily without boosting more than once or twice. Some days I would get to work, look at the peak boost on my AVC-R, and it would say 0.2 or something like that.

I started getting decent mileage, and it was nice.

Whenever I felt the need for speed, however... punch that throttle and watch the boost gauge swing... and hold on to your shorts!

Same applies for this Corvette, too. Except hold onto your tongue, you might choke on it!

Guest JAMIE T

Actually, The Garrett T88 is probably a Turbonetics T88. I know a guy who runs a T106 Big Thumper on his Mustang. STREET CAR