HybridZ

What Else Do You Guys Do For Fun?

zguy95135

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, My company.

I hope to get back to my bicycles... I mountainbike and road bike when I'm not focused on growing this little company of ours... And moving into my new house...

Guns aren't a hobbie to me. I use them as a tool, much like all my other tools... I defend myself and my family with them. Beyond that, I no longer (haven't for more than a decade) consider them as a hobbie. If you ever have to use one for real, your perspective on them changes radically...

Mike

Loaded question!!! (well it seems like from all the other people posting!!! :shock:

Me:

- Music:

http://www.myspace.com/echoes (new album in the works)

http://www.myspace.com/ashesoftoday

http://www.myspace.com/systrum - My wife's band (I play guitar)

- Websites:

www.echoes.ws

www.mountainviewlabradors.com

www.pdxrocks.com

- And the usual screwing around:

http://www.myspace.com/alsilveira

I also work out 5 times a week and am taking guitar lessons for the first time in my life to clean up my playing. Doing some guest vocals on some projects too.

I don't know when the hell I sleep. it's amazing. :icon56:

I also work out 5 times a week and am taking guitar lessons for the first time in my life to clean up my playing. Doing some guest vocals on some projects too.

I don't know when the hell I sleep. it's amazing. :icon56:

Al, you guys kick a$$. Sounds great man, and if you need lessons, then I'm a Chinese jet pilot!

Mike

Guest Z kid

Aside from the obvious (drinking and killing small furry animals) there is the sailing (I am the big clown on the wire)

sharpie1s2hy.jpg

and the race car for off road racing (sick of navigating and not having any control over what we hit)

miniutecurr0117er.jpg

Just need to find a big bore bike motor to fit into the back and I can really get stuck into it.

WHy does all the fun stuff cost so much:(

Chris

I'm a musician... trying to get into engineering and producing. I started my solo record but it's taking forever! I play mostly bass but a little drums and guitar too. Unfortunately for the Z it's taken up the majority of my time and $$$ for the past year... but it's something I'm trying to go somewhere with... I'll have time to work on the Z again, soon I hope!

i need to consolidate my hobbies too...I used to skateboard a lot more than i do now because of the triple fractured ankle and subsequent reconstructive surgery i underwent. I play a little guitar, dabble in the drums, and fool around with my technics 1200s every once in awhile. i find myself playing a lot of video games, from the NES i'm still rocking right next to my PS2 and XBOX. i also have a degree in studio art, so i do some drawing and photography here and there.

Anyone here notice a trend? No wonder so many people have pertetual project cars.

I'm a partner in a small buisness that deals with IT administrative activities for small buisnesses. (basically we take care of computers for companies that aren't large enough to have someone on staff)

I used to agressive inline back in the day. Back in the mid 90's I wasn't far behind where the pros were, and I probly could have gone pro if I'd stuck with it. I don't regret stopping, but I sure want to get back into it every now and then.

I also used to paintball, but it got really expensive for just a kid. One thing lead to another and everyone I played with stopped playing so I was stuck by myself basically.

I also used to program video games. But i've reduced that hobby to mods since I decided I didn't want to go into that industry.

Nowdays I play LOTS of guitar. I could go on for hours listing my inspirations. And I could direct people to my myspace page but that would be pointless as the recordings are so old (over a year old and I've only been playing for 3). I've also started my first luthier project of building an electric guitar. Lots of fun.

I also enjoy the movies, more often than I should. I probly see 60% of movies in the theater.

I also love books, as my handle here would hint. Dune, Lort, Narnia, ect. Epic novels really rock.

I also like cosplay stuff, but I don't do that much. I HAVE gone to episode 2 & 3, Matrix Revolutions, and all the LOTR movie premiers in costume. I figure if I'm gonna stand in line for 8 hours I may as well look like I came for a reason.

Oh yea, I used to be really into computer hacking when I first got into computer in my pre-teens. I've been out of the loop so long i'm as harmless as vasoline on the kitchen counter.

As you might assume I'm into many aspects of computer technology and one of the main ones that I plan to start making a profit at is custom computer building. My most recent system I built cost of 7k to build, and no i didn't overpay for things. That's the true cost to build it. I could have sold it for 10k easy but I was building it for a friend.

I also bowl. I maintain a mid 180's average and i'm still getting better. My brother's far better than I am though, wich keeps me in the sport since I know I can be alot better.

Summary for those who skipped: Computers, cars, guitars, books, bowling. And all surrounding areas

Al' date=' you guys kick a$$. Sounds great man, and if you need lessons, then I'm a Chinese jet pilot!

Mike[/quote']

So what kind of plane do you fly??? :icon44:

I can write a song, but I'm no shredder......just trying to learn new things, keep fresh, maybe not sweat when a solo's coming up :mrgreen:

Work 2 jobs, totalling about 60 hours a week. One of them is a small (but growing fast) tuning shop that I own. Doesn't leave much time for other stuff. But when I find time I am autocrossing, or shooting things with a slightly different weapon than others on this board it seems...

D200.jpg