HybridZ

rear coilovers making a loud noise

The only noise my coilovers have ever made was one time when I set the car down the spring didn't settle on the seat correctly. It made one loud BONG! noise when it did settle. You should check to make sure that the spring is sitting on the threaded adjuster and the top hat correctly. Other than that there isn't much to make noise.

If your spring did fall off of the top hat, when you put it back in you can zip tie or safety wire the spring in there next time. There are holes in the top hat to do this with.

• Like 1

Did you make sure that the strut insert is snug inside the strut tube? I had that problem when the washers I used on the bottom of the insert became concave and the strut insert was moving up and down inside the assembly making a lot of noise. Took off the gland nut, pulled the insert out, dropped another washer down into the strut tube and tightened the gland nut. No more noise.

I have Ground Control coil overs on my car and what I have run across a couple of times is the nut that connects the strut insert to the camber plate will sometimes back off a little (since the shaft in the insert spins you can not tighten the nut up very much) when that happens I start to get noise from the top of whichever coil over it is that loosened up. Go around the car and check all of them, by the time they start to make noise they are fairly loose.

Dragonfly