HybridZ

L28 custom intake flange

JustinOlson

Justin,

Hey!

Any updates on the "final" plenum design?

I'm about to send my head off to be ported and flowed and I also plan to have it flowed with the completed manifold... Doing a max effort turbo motor... should be VERY interesting!!!

I will share the results

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Longitudinal

Hello all,

I don't like to make this my first post here, but I want to get right to the point. Justin Olson may not come through with completing your orders for these intakes. I have been embroiled in a drawn-out dispute with him for three years now. He started a project with an Audi intake manifold some three years ago, and I pre-paid for one complete intake manifold. He was in the process of getting all of the pieces machined, but then fell off the site where he was promoting the intakes.

I began emailing and PMing him in order to try to keep the process moving forward with the manufacture of these Audi intakes. At first, I got somewhat regular replies, then sporadic, then none for month after month. Each time I would lose hope, then would eventually get a reply that said everything was OK, just taking longer than he thought.

Upward of two years ago, a reply from Justin said that he had pulled the parts back from a fabricator in Texas where the fitting and welding was to be done and would weld them himself with the TIG machine he had just bought.

I objected. Anybody who has been around big turbo projects for long enough has seen an intake manifold weld let go from improper penetration, improper filler, not enough filler, too hot, too cold, you name it. Justin took my objection very badly and dropped out of contact for a long time. After some to-and-fro, he agreed to have a local (to him) fabricator do the welding, but then Justin disappeared again.

A while ago, I decided to go public on Motorgeek, where Justin had once promoted the intake manifolds. Feel free to browse the thread, here:

http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22247

The record of the whole intake manifold debacle is laid out in this link. I invite you to read it. Justin himself has posted in this thread, saying "I'll ship out the parts..." "I'll make this right..." "You'll have a tracking number by the end of the week." Nothing has ever come.

Over the last two years or so, I have repeatedly asked Justin for a refund on a part that he plainly has no intent to ship in pieces or whole. He has alternately promised both (intake in pieces with jig for welding or complete, welded intake) and has never delivered on either. I asked for a refun in emails and PMs and was ignored. I asked for a refund on Motorgeek and was ignored. When people started reading through the thread and realized what I had been through with Justin, they began applying peer pressure for Justin to cough up the balance of the $900 (which is $650 after Justin sent me $250 for welding expenses on May 29th, but never sent parts) that I sent him so long ago. He has repeatedly ignored these requests for a refund.

Justin has again gone silent on Motorgeek, ignoring my PM and email. Folks, I don't know what to tell you about these Z intakes, but I wouldn't trust Justin Olson any farther than I could throw him. I am still out $650, and Justin seems entirely unconcerned about refunding my money. After all, I am across the country from him. What can I really do?

Best regards,

Jonathan