HybridZ

Do I need a Fuel Pump Relay?TurboSwap

rhettro74

Just got my 77 280 to start with my 82 ZXT engine

it's been too long. I used the quick FI and ignition 280zxt to S30 turbo swap guide in the faq "Thanks Bumble Zee" But it didn't really talk about how to wire in the fuel Pump unless I missed something. And I had to guess on the 8 prong plug from the ingnition harness as mine is an 82 he showed a 6 prong form an 81.

Right now I have my fuel pump wired into the Switched power "White/Blackstriped" wire in the unused 6 prong plug from the chassis harness that comes out by the steering wheel the same plug that the Green/Bluestriped wire from the fuel pump ends. so I just linked the two together whiteblack to GreenBlue

So currently I have no relay at least I don't think I do, utilized for the fuel pump when the ignition is on the pump is running. Probably not a good Idea but I was able to run the engine. So do I need a Fuel relay or does the ZXT ECU handle it and I just didn't wire it right? If I need a relay which one ZXT or original 77. If I do what and how do I plug into it. Thanks for the help. :ugg:

Thanks Rhett