HybridZ

5.0 240sx

Guest Diamond_Snyper

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason84NA-T

That is completely badass, I actually do wonder why more people don't do this swap? It's cheaper than a SBC and can make just as much power if you get the right year motor. I also agree that too many people wave the flag of installing engines from the same OEM as the car, I just don't see the point.

OH my god.....theres other 240's in michigan! j/k but i rarely see any. No i am not a member there. I may be interested in this bbq if you give me a few more details on it. Providing i am free from work.

The forums suck royal donkey c*ck, I stopped posting there a long time ago because of all the litter ricer wannabe's and haters. I have been attending the BBQ's at kensington since they started having them, stoney creek is just too far of a drive to justify. Hope to meet you there this fall.

I live over by GR, you guys should have come to our last Z club meet in lansing... it was pretty nice.

Guest tony78_280z
Swap1.JPG

If I ever total the Z (god forbid) I found my next project. Except, I'll go with a Chevy motor. What is the weight of a stock 240sx? What sbout smog?

welcome... my friend is planning on a LS1 S14. I'm trying to get him to do a 5.0, but he ask me if i know any shop that make the mounts he would do it...

So can you tell me my friend, HOW DID YOU MOUNT THIS 302?

thanks and it looks awesome...

Guest Diamond_Snyper

sorry guys ive been slacking and not got online lately. First off the oil pan is a classic mustang version (front sump) it goes on an angle down to the sump from the rear... all i did is cut most of the angle out and made it flatter to clear the x member. The sump is exactly the same size and capasity as before.

On the rear diff. the weakest point would actually be the halfshafts.

The 302 is probably the easiest one to swap in because if you get motor mounts from a f-150 and bolt them to the motor you will see that when you drop the motor in to mock it up all you have to do is cut the 240 existing mount and slide them in a couple inches closer together and change the height according to the oil pan clearance (i dont believe i changed the height much at all)

As for the 400hp at 4000rpm i could really care less im one of those guys that wants the lowend torque. torque is what counts.......ever seen a 9 second sr20 pull a wheelie? :D point made.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Modified

I was thinking the same thing, I searched online for F-150 motor mounts and they look like they won't bolt up to the motor?

F-150 MOUNT

f150mount.jpg

Mustang Mount

302mount.jpg

Guest Modified

Any info on how much you modified the pan? I'm having issues with the 68 mustang pan I have is that it still hits and the bellhousing sticks out about 3 inches. I need it almost flush with the firewall.

• 1 year later...

Seems like alot of people have been doing this or thinking about it,I know i'm in the process of doing this,with just an 87 ho block,gt-40 heads,700cfm carb, Ford e-cam,lifters,1.6 rockers. Sorry not trying to threadjack. Just seams kind of dumb to do an sr20 swap to me,I know the sbf swap is a litte more involved but well worth it in the end.Yeah I was surprised to findout just how strong the stock rearends are in the s13. And I know where I live(tampa area) the ls1 swap in s-chassis has caught on real well. But one more question is how bad was it mount the trans up to the 240sx crossmember or did you have to do some fab on that aswell? Thanks for the info on the f-150,I havn't gotten that far yet,just finishing up the motor for now and prepping the car. Anyways goodluck man,hope to see some more pics soon.

Hey guys, I just stumbled across this forum and was wondering if Id be at home here. I own a nissan 240sx obviously not a z-car, but it is a hybrid. I cant post on places like ka-t, nico, or zilvia.net forums without being hated on because i put a REAL motor in a japanese car. I could swear they'd hang me for it if they had the chance :shock: . So what do you think is my nissan 240 with a 302 swapped in good enough for yall or what? Please feel free to blast me cuz im a noob. But please reply with your opinions....... hate statements.........name calling, and whatever else it is that you wish to say. thanx -nathan-

welcome aboard bro!! im doing the same swap in my s12/200sx. most people arent to keen on it cuzz its not an overpriced and trendy SR or RB but whatever, i didnt decide to do it because its a trendy swap. for the price of a dodgy 400hp sr/rb you can have a reliable 400hp that will pull good numbers all day long and still have some coin in your pocket for the pub!

at any rate...what did you do about the drivers side header/manifold as that is my present situation with my swap. i have both an s13 and s12 (have had numerous of each actually) and they are more of less identical under the hood as far as space and location of parts goes..

I was going to ask you about carb or efi but after reading the post from the video I like that you did carb. Because I was worried about hood clearance issues if I was to run a carb,You said you used marquis mounts right which year or does it matter aslong as its a 302 model.Did you have to drop the subframe at all for clearance or should I be fine on that one.I was surprised when we measured the width of the motor mounts on the 302 and the s13 subframe that it was pretty close in width.

I was going to ask you about carb or efi but after reading the post from the video I like that you did carb. Because I was worried about hood clearance issues if I was to run a carb,You said you used marquis mounts right which year or does it matter aslong as its a 302 model.Did you have to drop the subframe at all for clearance or should I be fine on that one.I was surprised when we measured the width of the motor mounts on the 302 and the s13 subframe that it was pretty close in width.

i didnt modify the subrame and the plastic mounts... i did a custom mount that bolts directly to the engine.. so i can change the plastic mounts every time they dont work... and all the chasis in my car is stock.. no modifications to the chassis or other parts... if i want to drop the ka in ther again.. it will drop fine. the clearance was right because i was using a custom oil pan and u can go lower with the engine without cutting the hood.

• 2 weeks later...