HybridZ

BMW or toyota motor

AdrianZ

Well, since I'm a Tech a BMW, if you ever need an rebuild kit, I get it at cost so, you could save a few bucks.

7.0L rings a bell.
That I'll have to check.

Also they all have DOHC heads, which *might* bolt onto the older engines.

The only thing though, is that these heads are equipped with vannos and Mr vannos does'nt like to be downshifted, thats why he does'nt live in any M houses.

We've had quit a few engines that lifted the whole vannos, valvetronic,cams, rocker.. assembly after a hard downshift (usually accidental) and THIS, costs really big bucks.

Well' date=' since I'm a Tech a BMW, if you ever need an rebuild kit, I get it at cost so, you could save a few bucks.

That I'll have to check.

The only thing though, is that these heads are equipped with vannos and Mr vannos does'nt like to be downshifted, thats why he does'nt live in any M houses.

We've had quit a few engines that lifted the whole vannos, valvetronic,cams, rocker.. assembly after a hard downshift (usually accidental) and THIS, costs really big bucks.[/quote']

so i can't downshift? and i thought I saw v12s that were 5.4 liters.

I dunno the v12 is a wow factor indeed. but the toyota is tried and true.

I'd still love to build up a v12 but I'm not sure my economy is there.

yet it would be nice to pull up on a supra buddy and say. you got a i6? really? So do I.... Two of them!

so i can't downshift?
Yes if you don't use the newer heads with the vanos, as it's the vanos itself that don't like downshfts,

if you use the heads that comes with the engine you'll be just fine.

I'd still love to build up a v12 but I'm not sure my economy is there.

This is entirerly true, even if you buy the engine for only 500$ you can bet it's only the tip of the iceberg.

For an manual tranny that fits, I know that there are some manual tranny that were issued in totaly naked versions of the 750 in saudit arabia so, they do exist.

• 2 months later...

Hi, just reread my reply up there, don't know why but, I mistakenly said vanos instead odf valvetronic witch is varable lift. I think I was working on a faulty vanos system a the time and was probably thinking about 2 thing a the same time as ususal. Sorry for the wrong info.

• 2 months later...
Guest 72 240z
The McLaren F1 is arguably the most amazing automobile ever built, but 1000hp? Not even close.

So what you are sayin' is, the McLaren F1 has a BMW V12 in it.