HybridZ

Nice engine for sale. Who's doing the swap?

mull

The Lambo V12 and trans weighs in over 1000 lbs and I read that the 8 liter V16 Bugatti engine and trans weighs in over 1400 lbs. I'm sure this V12 is on the heavy side also!

RacerX

Yikes! Are they building these things from deplete uranium or something? You'd be better off doing the Jag V-12 swap, it "only" weighs in at around 700 pounds including a 120lb transmission. Of course the Jag won't make as much power without some serious work, but it would have better weight distribution for sure. I'm wondering if the weights for the Bugatti and Lambo combos are including the entire rear suspensions and drivetrain as well....

611hp??? Doesnt that sound a bit too little for a quad turbo v-12?? Maybe its just me but isnt it possible to get the same out of a single or twin- turbo 8 cyl and still save twice the weight? I also noticed he mentioned its not legal for use in the US, if you buy the car for the US all they do to make it street-legal is add a cat. for each turbo. Also the weight of the motor and trans doesnt seem as much when its in the car that barely weighs a ton, the Bugatti is built with a carbon fiber frame and chassis. (was my child-hood dream car)....

an interesting swap would be using the 850+hp 8cyl out of the koenigsegg CCR....

611hp??? Doesnt that sound a bit too little for a quad turbo v-12??

That's a 3.5 Liter quad-turbo V12. Pretty much any v8 will displace at least 50% more. And, the quad turbo's don't really add more power than a single turbo, just allows for better spooling. 611hp is really quite amazing to me for a factory 3.5 liter engine (until accounting for the fact that it's a v12 Bugatti).

It's $120,000.00.

That bears repeating.

It's $120,000.00.

Forgive me if I sound rude. Unless your making a joke in this thread you look like an idiot.

Nothing personal.

It's just that...

It's $120,000.00.

$120,000 is alot for a motor huh. Especially when you think about how much power and reliability you can get out of a v-8 or sumthing with $120,000 to put into it, or how nice of a Z you can build with that much, or while your at it you can buy a house too.....

It's a W16 for a reason, not a V16.

A V16 wouldn't fit under the Veyron.

$120,000 will probably buy maybe an acre of land out in the boonies here (thank you kalifornians...).

I'd much rather buy a TVR Sagaris and have $50k left to invest and to dump in my Z.....

I would like to hear how it sounds though....

Mario

But my point is that the W16 makes 1000hp and passes regulations, a record to my knowledge for any production vehicle. They could have just made a V8 of the same displacement (488 ci) and got the same power with two turbos, but as most people know smaller chambers tend to be more efficiant and the W16 setup is a good use of space. The concept seems great to me, make the block a little bit bigger and get much better diplacement CI to block cast CI.