HybridZ

ricey headlights: my guilty pleasure

zero

i dont have one currently but i could take one tonite. The beams are a bit awkward but IMO they provide enough light and its spread out enough that a good portion of the road is lit. Personally I think most cars today have headlights that are far too bright so I am happy with how bright the lights are.

Guest l28et
what is the difference between driving with just the halo's and driving with factory city lights? Not a sarcastic or defensive question, just curious.

Nothing, although I don't believe its legal to drive around with parking lights anyway. To each their own.

As for my take on the halos - dumb on anything other than BMWs. BMW 5ers started it with the angel eyes and soon it spread to E36 fanatics. I was a HUGE BMW Nut in 2001 when this started happening and I helped my buddy do it on his 1995 M3. Back then it wasn't as simple as hoping on Ebay and buying a set. He ordered new 5 series headlights (2002 style, like 700 bucks), opened them up, took out the rings, opened up the E36 headlights, retrofitted them in, etc. For about 2 years it was the pimpest thing on the streets. Not only did they look cool, but since the top of the rings are "cut off" it gives them that agressive look (the same look people that eyelids to achieve)

front-s.jpg

HOTNESS

98_02_Camaro_maroon_silver_flames_Halo_lights_Boyd_Smoothie_II_wheels.jpg

RICEY

Then the Civic boys get a hold of them. Soon APC is making "halo" lights for everything from 80s S10s to Camaros, Mustangs, you name it.

Halo headlights are the new altezzas. Some people like em, some people don't. I think they look stupid on your Z.

hmm, so what exactly is the point of parking lights. For some reason I always thought they were for driving in well lit areas like cities, where headlights are a bit unnecessary. I had never heard or read anything about their purpose, just kindof assumed.

If you must park on an unlighted highway at night' date=' leave your parking lights or lower beam headlights on.

thats from the TX driver's license handbook. Its really the only thing I found on Parking lights[/quote']

Good thing he lives in NJ! I don't think they look bad at all on the car. Altezza lights aren't tasteful on most cars, because they just aren't subtle at all. The 'angel eyes' lights are more subtle IMO since you dont have big red lenses in a plastic/chrome surround like Altezzas do.

Davy