HybridZ

Air ducting/Body vents

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Im toying with the idea to put vents on my front fenders much like the vipers did, except i want to to use the newer viper style hood vents on my fenders.

just like these in the pic...

101060002315_01_01.jpg

thing is i cant find anything like this, and the older viper vents i could make work as they are sorta "bolt in" style, i would have to cut the Z fenders to use the older style... which are this in the top part of the picture.

Hood_V10.jpg

problem is i cant find ANYTHING like these i can use for my own setup.

guys that have done something like this, where did you find your vents/ducts.

ebay has been a help but i just sometimes dont know what to search for.

thanks

mike

have you tried running a search for "louvers"? I wasn't too clear, are you planning to use these to vent the air out of the wheel wells like on the superbird, or are you going to use these to induct air into the cabin? Or just for show?

Saturn_Sky.jpg

this is a top view of the saturn sky. Those vents in the hood aren't true vents though, but they are available seperate from the hood. I can get them cheap since I work at a saturn dealership in parts, so I may order some for myself. PM me and I can tell you more about the price/availability if you want them.

Hey on3go, I found what you might be looking for. I'm planning on the same type of thing on my YZ LT1 conversion. Go to http://www.grounddynamics.com and you will find some great aero stuff as well as fender and hood louvers. They are in Ontario Cal, just up the street from me. You can call them at (909)542-0140 if that address doesn't work. Good luck.

Guest l28et

Mike -

I saw the new XKR launch and noticed the hood louvers are hot.

21-2007-jaguar-xkr-coupe-cabriolet-official.jpg

What do you think? That buldge in the hood is on our Zs so it might work.

I tried looking at the time I posted, but the Craigslist ad had since been removed. It looked like a home made jobbie, but I think someone with fab skills would be able to make it look better. The vents were at the flatter part of the fender, just behind the wheel wells, on top.

• 10 months later...
I am also looking for louver/ Shark gill style vents like on the '66 Vette or 275GTB Ferrari. Has any one cut/welded a set or found a set to fab on the fenders?

Thanks, JB

Don't know if this would be something that would work for you, but it's actually froma 78 Camaro Z28. Not the best picture and still in progress, but maybe you can get the general idea.

DSCF4005.JPG

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the pictures. I am looking for the type on the 275GTB or 66 Vette. The Camaro type is close but I was looking a little taller. I have seena couple of Z's with them in pictures(Z sport and such).

Trevor, nice roadster! I have two 240Z convertibles.

Thanks again,

JB