HybridZ

confused. do i have a 260z or 280z?

v8260

What is my car?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is my car?

that story goes like this. i saw this ad in craigslist for a 260 a few monthes back. it was owned by a really old lady. she said it was a 260 with a "bigger engine". That "bigger engine" was an L28. i looked at the manafacture date and it says 5/75. I though 75 was the first year for the 280z so ive always considered it a 280z. But latly there are things that give me doubts and make me think its a 260z. First thing was when i was at the MSA show when they were bringn the cars in he looked at the front of my car and but me in the 260z section even thou i told him it was a 280z. then i had listed the interior on ebay. I had said it was tan. Someone asked me a question telling me it looks like brown from a 260z. the car # is 216915. heres some really bad pics.

here it is when i first got it.

DSC09911.jpg

DSC09883.jpg

DSC09918.jpg

here it is now.

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

can some on tell me what it is?

Is it carbed, or does it have fuel injection? Not a foolproof indicator, but 75+ 280's should have come with fuel injection. You might have gotten classed with the 260's since your bumpers are off. That's one of the biggest visual cues as to what model you are dealing with.

*edit* cool wheels by the way.

Is it carbed' date=' or does it have fuel injection? Not a foolproof indicator, but 75+ 280's should have come with fuel injection. You might have gotten classed with the 260's since your bumpers are off. That's one of the biggest visual cues as to what model you are dealing with.

*edit* cool wheels by the way.[/quote']

yea i liked the wheels too. to bad i lost one on the freeway at 60mph. never found it. I got turbo zx rims in the backyard im going to powder coat black and put them on after it gets painted.

• 2 years later...

look at the VIN plates on the door jam and the engine compartment on the driver side. 2600cc = 260, 2800cc = 280z. And see if the actual VIN on the plates corresponds the VIN above the brake booster on the firewall.